|| Chapter 23.5 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

"You know what? You're right, I was in the wrong. So why don't you go help your beloved childhood friend out of her wet clothes? Why not sleep with her too while you're at it." After having said that whilst wearing a pained expression on your face, you stomped away from that table and out of the dining hall. You were angry at yourself for having vented out your frustrations like that, especially leaving like this. What a predictable and cliché thing to do.

"Y/N, wait!" Aaron called out, getting up in order to follow you, but he was stopped by none other than Kai who didn't look too pleased. He clearly told him to stay where he was: "I doubt the newbie wants to see you right now." The dark skinned male stood up and left instead, leaving everyone dumbfounded and Catherine with a feeling of satisfaction.

"I'm sorry Aaron, I didn't know your friend was so sensitive." The red haired female said and even though she sounded apologetic, she didn't feel sorry at all. The dark blue haired knight turned his head around to face the female sitting at the head of the table. He couldn't say a thing. The only thing he could to was glare at his childhood friend and be angry at himself.

Doni gripped his blond hair and stared at the empty plate in front of him with wide, terrified eyes. He had just been wrongly exposed in front of everyone, the person he cared for most being among them: Camilla. He raised his head and looked across his seat, not sure if he was hoping for something. The only thing he saw was the caramel haired girl glaring at her lap. She was mad at him, wasn't she? He figured she must be feeling betrayed at this point, something Doni knew all too well.

"Well, since that girl ruined the mood, I'll show you to your personal rooms. They are double rooms, so you will need to share them-..." Catherine sighed and got up, ready to lead everyone to the mentioned place. Loraine intervened before she could do so: "Hold it, peasant. What about Luntian, where is he?"

"Peasant?" The red-head raised a brow at the odd kind of insult the younger had thrown at her and how she referred to Grona's prince so casually until it struck her. "Wait, you must be little Loraine!~ Your brother, prince Luntian, has told me a lot of things about you!" Everyone was surprised to hear that the recently crowned prince was actually the brother of someone they knew quite well.

"Stop pretending to know everything about us, it's plain annoying. Just answer the question." The blonde girl said irritatedly, slamming the palms of her hands against the table. For once, pretty much everyone had to agree with Loraine on this one. Catherine clicked her tongue at the other's behavior. "Such an attitude... nothing like your wonderful brother.~ Prince Luntian is very busy at the moment, so he wasn't able to attend today's meeting."

"Guards!" The red haired young woman called out, four men dressed in armor soon appearing by her side. "Would you please show these kind people to their rooms? I need to go change into something dry." The way she spoke was just way too forced and unnatural. The guards nodded and did as they were told.

Aaron, Rouen and Camilla were the fastest to stand up from their seats. The food on the table hadn't been touched, but no one was in the mood for a meal right now anyway. The guards went on ahead, the rest soon following them. Doni hurried after Camilla, grabbing her wrist as soon as they were outside of the dining hall and behind everyone else. "P-Please wait!"

The chestnut brown eyed female stopped in her tracks and faced the blond, exposing her hurt expression. Doni felt even guiltier after seeing it. "I-I know you're mad at me, but I can explain, I swear!"

"I'm not mad at you, Doni. And this isn't exactly the place to talk about this." Camilla said, forcing herself to smile. Even though she knew she should trust Doni instead of believing Catherine, but she couldn't get rid of this suffocating feeling. The blond knight hated to show this pitiful and desperate side of himself to anyone, especially the girl who treasures him so much. "You don't need to lie, I know you're upset-..."