|| Chapter 32.5 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

"Any trace of Yuma?" Fotula asked once the last princess candidate had made it back from one of the many corridors in this castle. Just like they had promised, Camilla, Liliana, Fotula and Loraine went searching for the orphan boy after bidding their goodbyes to your knight division. Myron helped as well, but no one seemed to have found the child. "Nothing here. I even asked the guards, but they didn't see him anywhere. Some guards acted quite weird, now that I think about it..."

"Y-You don't think h-he managed to leave the palace, do y-you?" Liliana stuttered worriedly while twiddling her fingers. "I doubt so. I don't see the reason why he would even want to leave, especially without telling either Kai or Rouen about it." The raven haired female monotonously answered, giving her comrades short glances.

"Guys... I know we should be going soon, but we can't just leave things like this. I'm sure something bad happened to Yuma." Camilla spoke everyone's mind and no one was against her suggestion of staying some time longer. "But he isn't anywhere in the palace... I don't really know what we should do..."

"Perhaps Loraine knows something." Fotula blurted out, staring at the mentioned female with cold eyes. The blonde raised a brow at the sudden exclamation and Camilla couldn't help but frown. "Are you implying that I might be behind that peasant's disappearance?!" Realization struck the rich girl a few seconds later.

"That is not what I was trying to say. I don't know what exactly, but you do know something, don't you? Kai told me to consult with you about some matter." The purple eyed female stated, calming Loraine down for the time being. "What do you mean, peasant?"

"Ah wait, I know." Once again the blonde was quite slow for some reason, but she was now aware of what Fotula was talking about. "I do have suspicions, but I don't have any evidence. That's why you peasants won't believe me." The crystal blue eyed girl grumbled, flashing a glare in Camilla's direction as if to imply something.

"Anything could be helpful." The ravenette snatched Loraine's attention back to her, interrupting her staring-contest with the caramel haired princess candidate. But before the rich girl could even start explaining, Liliana spoke in a slightly frightened tone: "E-Ehm, I hate to interrupt, but..."

"...those m-men have been l-looking in our direction for a while n-now..." The silver haired girl stuttered, shivers running down her spine as she inconspicuously glanced in the guards' direction. There were three of them, and just as Liliana had described it, they were staring at the small group with strange eyes while 'hiding' behind a pillar.

"Do you think they want something? They seem like regular guards..." Myron commented, it being the first thing he said since they all gathered after having searched for Yuma. "Maybe they came to remind us that we should get going soon. I think we should talk to Tristan and his squad and ask if we could leave later."

"If that were the case, then why are they pathetically trying to hide from us? Are those peasants attempting to eavesdrop on us?" Loraine was quite irritated but amused at the same time. There was only one way to find out about the men's true intentions: "You there! What do you peasants want?!"

They couldn't say they were expecting an honest answer, but they much less expected for the three to run off after having been called out to. "T-That was... strange." Liliana commented, instinctively hiding behind the taller Fotula. "Perhaps they were trying to spy on us. Ungracefully."

"We should talk about matters in one of our rooms. Loraine, you have something to say, right?" As much as it pained Camilla to act as if everything was good and solved between them, this was no time for childish disputes. You and the other knights were risking your lives out there. The least the princess candidates could do was to try and actually find Yuma.