|| Chapter 29 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

"It's really coming down out there." Aaron commented sheepishly as soon as you found yourselves inside the castle walls. It was still raining outside, even hailing at this point. That was the reason you were currently both soaked to the bone.

"Do you think we're allowed to use the baths here? We'll catch a cold if we stay like this." You said, trying to warm yourself up by quickly running the palms of your hands up and down your arms. The dark haired knight seemed to feel just as cold as you, but didn't know the answer to your question. Someone else did. Someone rich and blonde with a slight attitude.

"Oh don't worry, peasant, you won't catch a cold. Never heard of the saying 'Idiots don't catch colds'?" It was Loraine, accompanied by her boyfriend. She stood there, judging you with that mean look of hers while having her arms crossed in front of her chest. Myron simply stood there awkwardly.

"I'm surprised rich people like you know that saying." You rolled your eyes at her prior comment, not bothering to imitate her gesture even though you felt like it because you were trying to heat your body up. "Tch. And here I was, feeling generous for once."

You eyed her suspiciously, raising a brow as she clicked her tongue. Loraine and generous somehow didn't seem to fit that well. It didn't sound right at least. "I need my daily beauty-bath, so I got the annoying advisor to tell me where I can find one."

"There's actually two, and they're similar to public baths filled with hot water. Pretty much like artificial hot springs." The crystal blue eyed girl flipped her hair, not sparing you and the knight a single glance. "The other peasants want to do a 'girls night' so feel free to join. The male peasants also seem to be gathering at the bath right about now."

"Thanks a bunch, Loraine! Guess you have a heart after all!" You grinned, not sarcastically since if she hadn't told you about the artificial hot spring inside the castle, you would have probably frozen to death. Aaron thanked her as well, but that only made the girl feel uneasy, since she wasn't used to gratitude and other similar things. "Duh obviously. Biologically speaking a human without a heart can't live. You would know if only you had enough money for your classes."

"What about you, aren't you gonna come too?" You asked, almost completely ignoring her snarky remark. The blonde furrowed her brows, glaring at you slightly before huffing. "Ew, like I'm gonna bathe with some peasants!"

"So you're skipping your 'daily beauty-bath'? That doesn't sound too hygienic." You snorted, attempting to provoke her and get her to give up and join the rest of you. After all, she didn't seem as bad as she makes everyone think of her. Your opinion of her had changed; Now you thought she was simply being misunderstood. The reason why she was keeping such a wall between her and others was still unknown to you though.

"T-That's-... I-... Ugh, fine!" Loraine quickly threw in the towel and groaned, causing you to chuckle lightly. Her cheeks were slightly red, but people would rather think it was because of her rage and not a blush. "Then hurry up and follow me, peasant! I don't have all day..."

And just like that, the spoiled girl stomped ahead, leading the way to where the bathrooms were located. You looked up at Aaron before following her though. He bent down only slightly and pulled you close to him. The male made it so that his gesture looked like he was simply hugging you, since Myron was still there, but in reality, he had placed a sweet kiss on your lips as a way of saying 'See you later'.

"I-I'll lead you to the men's bath." The white haired boy stuttered shyly after the two of you had pulled away. That was how the knight and you parted ways for now. Loraine was silent on the way to the mentioned room, and hesitated once you stood in front of the door.