|| Chapter 14.5 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

It wasn't exactly the most usual morning at the Kenji household: It was already quite late in the morning of the same Wednesday, and Yasen was still in bed. He would usually already be at work at this time, especially now that he had been promoted to lieutenant.

He and Myron shared a room, so when the younger was trying to sneak around in order to grab his necessary things before heading to the castle, it was to be expected that Yasen ended up awake even though the noise was minimal. "S-Sorry, did I wake you?"

The older brother simply groaned as he attempted to open his eyes. He held his arms out, signalling Myron to get closer. The purple eyed male was a bit hesitant at first, but stepped closer to the bed his sibling lied on, only to get caught by him and pulled down next to him. "I can't, I'll be late for work!"

"How come you're still here?" The younger asked and let himself get pet by Yasen. The red eyed young man ran his fingers through his little brother's soft hair and kissed the boy on the forehead before pecking him several more times on his cheeks. "I took a day off."

"Can I?" Yasen asked the younger, his lips not much away from his little brother's. Yasen's affection towards his little brother was nothing new, it was just odd that he was asking for permission when he usually just went and did what he desired. But it had been a while since he last kissed his little brother on the lips. Myron nodded slightly and let the older peck his lips.

"Are you excited for today?" The red eyed male questioned and pulled his face away a little, just so he could lock gazes with the younger who was a bit dumbfounded. He tilted his head to the side and waited for his big brother to explain: "You forgot already? We're meeting dad's new lover, Mrs. L/N!"

"L/N-... You don't mean..?" Myron's eyelids suddenly flew wider at the mention of that similar last name. Their father had told the brothers the day before that they would all be visiting this certain woman's place today, but it was the first time the purple eyed boy had heard the actual name of her - or well, last name.

Yasen nodded as his soft lips stretched into a smile. "That's right.~ Mrs. L/N is Y/N's mother!~" The red eyed young man hummed and actually sat up from his comfortable position. His sibling soon imitated him, wearing an unreadable expression on his face.

"I-I don't think I can go today..." The younger male mumbled, avoiding his brother's scarlet red orbs while also twiddling his fingers. Yasen flashed him a confused look. "How come?"

"I have to work until late today, my superior is taking me to the port, so..." Myron replied, still not having looked into the older male's eyes. Part of what he said was true, but he had actually asked if he was allowed to leave early today for the purpose of this evening's meeting, but upon learning that it was Y/N's mother, he wasn't so confident anymore.

"That's too bad... But there'll surely be more opportunities to get to know her, so don't worry!" Yasen said and wrapped his strong arms around his siblings slightly smaller figure. "You said you'll be late, right? I held you up long enough, so you better get going." He added before placing a light kiss on the purple eyed boy's slightly parted lips.

Myron didn't reject any of the affection given to him, but had to make his way out of the room into the living room where he was greeted by the sight of his father drinking his morning coffee. They exchanged greetings, not much more since the older man knew that his son was already running a bit late.

He felt a bit bad for not intending on visiting his dad's new lover, and also for having in plan to go visit someone else instead this evening. Just as the purple eyed male was about to leave, his father cleared his throat and approached him in the entryway. "When are you coming back tonight?"