|| Chapter 27.5 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

After everyone had been sent out of the dining hall and given permission to perform whatever activities, the only ones who were left sitting at the long table were all members of the Aono family: Luntian, Adam, Matilda and Loraine.

"We are so proud of you, my son." Adam said, patting the young prince on his shoulder. A bright smile crept up his face which irritated Loraine even more. Luntian had gone to live in Grona more than ten years ago in order to get a chance at becoming late king Silvio's successor. She had hoped her parents would finally show her some affection after he was gone, but none of that ever happened. And now she was showed just how much they loved him.

"Yes, we knew you could do it. We're a little sad we couldn't attend your coronation though." Matilda said, grinning genuinely as she completely ignored her daughter's presence. The green-eyed prince felt so warm inside after being showered by all the comments. "I told you not to worry about that. We'll be all living together soon anyway. Right, dear sister?"

"Actually, Loraine will be staying in Rota." The older woman retorted before Loraine could even say anything. Her expression went from bright to gloomy very quickly at the mention of her own daughter's name. Luntian wasn't too pleased to hear what he did: "Pardon? That's the first I hear of this."

"That's right. Loraine still has very important things to take care of in Rota, so she will continue living there for the time being." Their father said strictly, never looking at the blonde girl, not even once. What he told wasn't necessarily a lie, but it wasn't completely true either. The only thing tying Loraine to the Rota kingdom was the contest she was participating in. And that was only in order to make her parents proud of her.

"Do you mean the princess contest? She can quit that since now she's princess of Grona anyway." Luntian suggested, looking over at his younger sister in attempt to lock eyes with her. She was staring at her own lap, so it was impossible. The prince truly wished for Loraine to stay with him; He had missed her so much.

But he didn't know the love for his sibling wasn't reciprocated. "Look, it's obvious you guys don't want me here with you, so stop pretending to be nice. I have no intention of living with you all." Loraine finally snapped, glaring at each blond for a good amount of seconds.

"See? We don't need her here with us." Matilda clapped her hands together, grinning as if she had just said something a parent should be proud of. The young prince got irritated by her statement and slammed his hands against the table, standing up. "'We don't need her here with us'?! I hope you are joking, mother!"

"Loraine is my dear little sister, and more importantly, a part of our family! Do not treat her like some outcast!" The green eyed young man exclaimed, surprising both his parents slightly. He looked over to the youngest, well aware that Matilda's statement had hurt Loraine. The female was putting up a 'strong' act and only smirked confidently, hiding her shattering heart behind it. "'Dear little sister' my ass!"

"And guess what? I don't need you two with me either. I'm perfectly fine on my own." Loraine stood up from her chair as well, glaring at Adam and his wife who sat across him. "You insolent-... How dare you talk like that to us! We are your parents!"

"Now you decide to be my parents? You might be blood-related to me, but you never did anything parents would to me!" The blonde girl laughed, holding back her tears by yelling. "Even rocks kept me better company than you ever did or ever will!"

Her parents gasped in disbelief, mumbling that they hadn't raised such a rude brat. That just drove Loraine's mind insane. She had enough of this 'family talk' and started to head for the door, only to be stopped by her older brother: "Loraine, wait-..."