|| Chapter 17 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

To you it seemed like sometimes people just didn't know how to appreciate sleep. Camilla certainly didn't; barging into the room you had just received and waking you up when you finally had a chance to rest longer than usually. "Y/N, I had no idea you got a room here! Why didn't you tell me?! Actually, I have something to tell you!"

You groaned at the sudden outburst of your best friend and turned around, burying your face into the warm pillow. Of course, it's not like you thought that would allow you to fall asleep again. The caramel haired female rushed over to your bed and jumped on top of you, probably forgetting that the two of you weren't children anymore. "Come on, don't be like that! Get up!"

"O-Okay fine, just-... I can't breathe!" You tried struggling your way out of Camilla's grasp and almost chocked. She got off of you right in time though, preventing that from happening. Small coughs escaped your lips as you sat up, clearing your throat as soon as you were done. The look you flashed the female wasn't exactly a friendly one. She should know that you'd get grumpy if waken up the wrong way and yet she still-...

"So, what is so important that you had to wake me up?" Yawning, you stood up from the bed in order to walk over to the closet. Choosing what to wear was no hard task, since you were obviously going to wear your knight attire. You slipped out of your night gown and into what had become your everyday clothes before returning to Camilla who seemed to be nervously twiddling her fingers.

"You will not believe what I did." The chestnut brown eyed girl started, causing you to roll your eyes as you expected to be told something dumb. So you were surprised to hear what she actually had to say: "I confessed to and even kissed Doni!"

"What?! For real? When?!" You almost chocked again, this time at your own spit. You needed to hit your chest a bit in order to recover. When had things escalated this quickly?! And Camilla was able to initiate it with someone like Doni? It was truly surprising, so you let the female tell you all the details while the two of you walked down the corridors.

Apparently, you were going to have breakfast with the rest of the princess candidates as well as a few knights. The others had been doing this ever since day one at the castle, and now that you had a room where to live in here too, you could freely join them.

A large table was fancily set in the dining hall, all girls already on their seats. Doni and Aaron were also in the room, the dark blue haired male greeted you immediately, you returning the gesture. The way the blond knight avoided looking your way when you arrived didn't go unnoticed by you and neither did his red face.

The only places that weren't occupied yet were the ones on Aaron's right and on Doni's left, since they were sitting one across the other. You rushed over to the dark haired male and quickly seated yourself next to him so that Camilla would have no other choice but to sit near Doni.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Aaron asked, causing you to face him and lock eyes. Your gaze was soon deflected to his spiky hair which he had in the open, considering that one should take off headwear at the table. You didn't let yourself get too distracted by it and replied. "Morning.~ I did, it was really comfortable."

"I'm glad." That was the last thing the male said before Mrs. Jenny and three other maids brought the food. There were all kinds of things. They varied from moomoo-milk and cereals to bread and countless types of jam. The four women left as soon as everything was on the wooden table, and that made you notice that there were four men guarding the room. One of them happened to be Myron.