♤Chapter 37

AN; So last chapter! Sorry for not warning you ahead of time, but I didn't know this was the last chapter until I began writing it. Anyways there's going to be a prologue after this, and then that's it. Also, thank you for surpassing my goal with 15663 reads and 671 votes!! Thank you all for reading this story up till this point!<3 - Sam

(P.s) Please comment!

(UPDATE)And I didn't end it here. I'm still reading comments of people wigging out in 2016, the book goes on for like 30 more chapters after this people! Everyone hated how this ended so I continued it.

Shoutouts

EliseTheWhiteSwan

seehowthissoulfare

FanOfReadingg

Henry's POV

The school was floating above a large body of water, and its image reflected upon the water's calm surface. The schools' field of invisibility was still up, but only partially. Frog had done some apparent damage to it, because I could now make out a couple of its towers and walls, including the wall Frog, had just torn through. Even as I looked on from Frog's back, the wall had already begun repairing itself.

I've always wondered what made the school the way it was. It was almost like it was living thing. Not in the way we were living, but alive all the same. What other building could heal itself and create doors when asked? I bet it had something to do with that creature I had caught a brief glimpse of, back when Violet had almost gotten fried by one of the Halfmoon twins.

I had grown alarmed when the walls had begun to move like the walls were made of mud and hands were beating at them from the other side. And when a skeletal leg had poked out of the wall beside me, I had known that Violet was behind it and was in danger. She was summoning the dead within the walls for help, and, by the way, the walls were reacting, there was a staggering amount of dead within them.

"So where to Henry?" John asked, pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Greta's office, she's there," I told him. At least that's where she had been in my vision.

"What, your girlfriend?" John asked, sounding amused. "She's cute, but I would never peg her as being your type."

I felt slightly annoyed by John's comment. "I guess you can call her that," I said indifferently. I could almost feel John's eyes on me, and I knew if I looked up I would see that they were burning with curiosity. I had never been one to express a lot of interest in romance, and when I rarely anybody knew about it.

"The office is over here," John said suddenly, and a troubled expression bloomed on his face. " Henry, I don't like whats going on in there, we need to move in fast!" John's special elemental was the ability to see through stone. It was pretty useless most of the time, but today it was just what we needed.

I tensed up, "What the hell do you mean by that?!" I demanded.

"It looks like she opened some portal up." I thought of the black hole crackling with blue lighting, "Frog, ram!" he ordered the dragon, then looked over his shoulder, "Hold on Henry, this is going to be rough!"

Frog flew at seemingly empty air and began clawing at the space in front of him. There was a loud sound, like claws scraping against stone, and gray and blacks rocks with gold swirls began to fall away under his talons, revealing an ugly jagged, gaping hole in a once flawless clear blue sky. Frog made the hole bigger and bigger until it was big enough for a person to fit through easily.

John lowered the massive brown dragon until his back was level with the hole. I stood, found my balance, and made the leap into the school. I turned around expecting John to join me, but he only smiled at me. "I"m afraid I'm not going to be able to join you," he said.