Part 2 Chapter 7

AN So sorry for the super long wait! If you didn't read my Author's Note then let me explain to you what happened. Basically, I smacked my head off a metal bar and couldn't look at a computer screen for a month and a half. Well, I hope you enjoy reading this and 100,000 FREAKING READS AND 3774 VOTES, CRAZINESS! Thanks for reading<3 -Sam(:

The griffon stopped and stared us down with its round hungry eyes, before taking a couple of steps towards us and the boy, Arnold, lying on the ground.

"Rockatope!" Vivian yelled, clapping her hands above her head and a tall wall of rock erected itself between the boy and the monster. The monster let out a loud growl and leaped backward in surprise. It puffed out its blue and golden feathers making it look twice its original size and twice as scary.

"Get up!" Vivian yelled to the boy, the boy scrambled to his hands and knees and then to his feet, and clumsily stumbled over towards us, one of his arms flailing in the air, the other clutching his nose which had begun to squirt blood. Both his glasses and his face were smudged with dirt and grime.

When he reached us, Santana grabbed him by his arm and tossed him like a rag doll behind us. "Stay!" Santana hissed, looking over her shoulder at him, before turning to face the griffon again.

"Violet get behind me !" Henry said, moving in front of me and lightly pushing me behind him.

"No, you get behind me!" I said angrily, reclaiming my spot in front of him. "You're the one in danger for once stupid! They want to take a nibble on your insides, not mine."

Just then, two more griffins came bounding into the clearing after the first and stopped just behind it. The first turned and growled at the two newbies, and the newbies growled back, snapping their beaks open and closed with a loud clicking sound. The first one then turned back to us and unfurled its wings and began to back up. The other two griffins mimicked the original.

"They're going to try and fly over the wall!" Vivian yelled, grabbing Henry and cradling him in her arms like a baby, much to Henry's horror and my amusement. Despite the situation, I could hardly hold my laughter in when I saw the sour expression on Henry's face.

Henry caught my strained expression, "Not funny," he snarled.

"Hey yo Violet," Vivian said, rapidly retreating backward with Henry still in her arms. Can you think you can raise some dead and distract them while we wait for the dragon? The dragon should be here soon, but I'm all out of magic energy. I got into a little of a fight earlier and used almost all of it up."

I bit my lip and nodded my head, "I'll try my best," I said before kneeling down and pressing my hands against the dry ground of the forest.

At first, I felt nothing, and I knitted my eyebrows together and tried concentrating harder. Still nothing. I closed my eyes and pressed my hands harder against the earth, and then I finally felt something. I opened my eyes, but it was already too late. The first griffons were already propelling itself up and over Vivian's wall.

The cracking of woods being splintered was the only warning I received before a great golden head emerged from the jungle and snapped up the griffon midair. The griffon disappeared into the dragon's mouth with a loud crunch. The other two griffons let out screeches of alarm, and veered back from the creature and took off flying into the forest.

The dragon's catlike green eyes lazily drifted down to me as it began to chew the prize it had caught in its mouth. The look it was giving me seemed to be saying, "What I was hungry, and I just saved the day, got a problem with that?"

"Goldfish!" Vivian said happily, jogging over to the golden dragon with Henry still in her arms. "What took you so long silly boy? Mama was starting to worry a little."