♡Chapter 36

^Awesome cover by @LunaDeathAngel2-0 thank you so much love the fan art!

AN; Only seven more votes to go and a thousand 600 more reads! That's amazing!!!! So long chapter and in Henry's point of view. Also, I don't currently have the program I usually proof read with, so please point out any mistakes you may see! Anyways enjoy(: Thanks for reading<3 - Sam

(P.S It takes me hours to write these chapters, so I would appreciate it if you took a couple of seconds out of your day to vote or comment (: If you haven't done either of those things after 36 chapters then stop being a ghost reader fool!!!)

Shoutouts!

Strangely_Amazing

chellee1999n

Henry's POV

"No!" I shouted when Violet disappeared around the corner. I struggled against Shirley and Hampton, but they had an iron grip on me. A vision flashed before my eyes suddenly, and I got a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. My visions usually came to me within flames of a fire, and when they didn't it usually meant something big or bad was going to happen(ed), my guess was it was something awful. Sure enough, a horrifying scene of Violet's body slumped lifelessly against an orb of glowing with orange light appeared before my eyes. Her body was tangled in orange vines which were also glowing with an orange light. A black hole crackling with blue lightning hovered in the space just above her head, and to my alarm, it looked like it was growing bigger.

I knitted my eyebrows together while I figured out what I was looking at.. Something about the scene seemed all too familiar to me, but what was it? I felt like something in my memory had been blocked.

That hole was some teleportation magic, like Shirley's special wind type but on a much larger and sinister scale, but where did that portal lead? That question I had no idea what the answer would be, but I did know I wanted to get Violet away from that thing and fast.

I let my body go slack, and I fell halfway to the ground. I heard Hampton swear softly under his breath and they slowly lowered the rest of the way down, "How powerful was that amulet you put on him, Shirley!? Look at him!" He snapped.

I felt her lean closer to me and her fingers brushed against my cheek "Not strong enough to make him pass out like this," she replied in her high pitch voice, which I always found so annoying. I had never had liked Shirley, and it was the same way on the other side of the fence.

I had always felt that there was something slightly off about Shirley since I met her all those years ago, but I could never quite pin it. She had been on of the other trainees in our training class, back when Amber and I had been getting certified to become personnel at the school. She had always resented the fact that we had been so much younger than her, and able to compete with her at her level. At the time I had been 17 and Amber had only been 15. Everyone else in there, including Shirley, had been at least twenty or twenty-one. We had been chosen out of many contenders, for our exceptional skills in combat and elemental magic. It probably didn't help that I had beaten her seven out of the ten times we had sparred, that and she was a complete royal witch.

Hampton slapped my face, but I gave him no response. He groaned in annoyance. "We are going to have to carry him to the holding cell." Hampton's released his grip on my arm, and I heard him begin to shuffle towards my feet.

Without a second hesitation, I reached up with my free arm and grabbed Shirley. In one fluid motion, I pushed her hands off of me and with my now free another hand, I ripped the magic inhibitor amulet away from around my neck. I found Shirley's face with that same hand and splayed my fingers across her face, letting lose my magic onto her skin. The hallway instantly filled with the putrid sank of burning flesh, and I felt her face begin to melt away under my touch. It took all I had not gag at the feeling. Don't get me wrong, I had burned many people in the past, but never while touching them directly.