♢Chapter 30

AN; So its almost summer now and I'm going to be able to start updating weekly again! Yay! Anyways thanks for the 7697 reads and 238 votes. I'm going to set the bar really high now for my next goal and I hope to reach it by the end of summer; the new goal is 350 votes and 15000 reads! Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter, it was kind of hard to write it. Thanks for reading<3 -Sam

I sat down on the log and twirled my hair nervously around my finger. I was presently sitting in the middle of a clearing in the middle of the forest, in the middle of the freaking government army! Yeah... I had gotten my butt so captured that it wasn't even funny.

I had been brought back here almost immediately after being helped down out of the tree. All around me, men and women dressed in the government's uniforms either flitted in and out of primal looking tents, and\or tended to their dragons. Nobody seemed to stay in one place for long.

The only person not wearing a uniform was the man sitting across from me. That man was also the same man who had ridden Frog, the massive dragon that had attacked and captured Nessie and me.

His rider was even bigger in stature than I had originally guessed, in fact, he was a practically giant. I guess it was only fitting that he be so big, seeing that his dragon was the size of ten regular dragons combined.

The giant man still wore the hood that concealed his face, and he wore no armor. This only made me that much more afraid of him. Only the crazy or extremely strong didn't wear armor into battle. I wondered which one he was, maybe he was both.

"Violet Ellen Silver," he said, and I stopped twirling my hair.

"Yeah," I answered nervously. Why did he still have on that hood? What was he hiding under there?

He leaned forward slightly and I found myself leaning backward until I had to stop or risk falling off the log. "Do you know why you are here?" his voice was deep and raspy.

I nodded, "Because you're under orders to capture me by Greta."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You could be in her hands right now, she's only a half hour flight from here, but you aren't. Why do you think that is, Violet Ellen Silver?"

This time I shook my head no. I really wished he would stop using my entire name. It was starting to give me the creep. "Then why am I here and not with Greta?" I asked him.

The man leaned even closer to me, "Because I'm curious."

Curious!? He was curious!? I was not some two headed dragon that could be dragged around and gawked at. I thought about opening my mouth and telling him that, but he beat me to it

"I'm curious why our new leader, why came to the rescue at a very convenient time, would send out almost its entire army to capture a single little girl. You look harmless enough to me. So why were they so desperate to capture you?"

"Well, I'm not as harmless as I might appear," I replied coldly. "Looks can be very deceiving."

The man chuckled again, "I said you looked harmless, not that I believed that you were harmless. But I must know, what makes you such a threat, such a danger? Why else would everybody be so desperate to recapture you?"

"Wouldn't you and I like to know?" I said and then added, "I don't know why Greta wants me so badly. If that's what you were asking me?" I looked down at my hands, they were dirty and all scraped up.

I could feel the man's eyes studying me from within the shadow of his hooded face.

He stood silently and walked towards the center of the camp. Once there he cupped his hands around his mouth. "Attention!" he shouted. The noisy camp grew quiet. "Pack up your things; we leave in an hour's time. Those who have dragons prepare them for flight. Anything that is not packed up by then, gets left behind. He stopped and looked around, "Where's Shirley? Somebody find me, "Shirley."