A long way from home

Eric's POV:

Eric's POV:

It's been a year and three months since Cindy disappeared (15 months) and I have taken it upon myself to find her. She left me without even saying goodbye right after we started to get serious about our relationship and it doesn't make any sense.

Her parents told me it was to follow her dreams but I know she would never have left without saying goodbye to me first. Something must have happened and I need to find out what.

I finish packing my bag with my necessities and hop in my waiting taxi. I head to the airport and board a flight to New York City.

After my plane lands in the city and I begin my journey to Upper Manhattan I cant help but smile because I am going to see the love of my life again. Oh how I've missed Cindy.

I look out the window and take in all the sights. I see why Cindy is obsessed with this place. It truly is incredible.

I jolt in my seat as the taxi comes to a stop out the front of a luxury building on billionaires row. Well this is definitely something I didn't expect. The building I stare up at is named ONE57 and is one of the most expensive looking buildings I have ever seen. I guess it makes sense that Cindy lives here, her family is super wealthy.

I get out of the taxi and get my bag before entering the huge glass doors into the buildings entrance. I'm greeted by staff with huge smiles and I head towards the receptionist.

"Hi I'm looking for my girlfriend she lives in this building." I say to the smiling lady.

"Of course, what is her name?" She says in one of the most happiest voices.

"Cindy Kimberly." I reply.

"Ok, and may I ask who you are sir?" She says while looking at her computer screen. "I'm Eric Vincent." I tell her.

"Yep. Just head onto the elevator to level 43 and she is in residence C." She says while pointing to the elevator. I thank her quickly before heading to the elevator and pressing 43 on the level buttons.

The elevator ride is short and before I know it the doors are opening. I step into a grand hallway and search for residence C. At the end of the hallway to my right I see double doors with gold plates writing reading "Residence C" on it. This must be it. I work up the courage and I finally know on the door.

So many thoughts are running through my mind at once. It's been over a year since I last saw Cindy and I wonder how she's going to react. A part of me considers turning around and going home but I know that's not an option. I wait patiently until I hear a noise on the other side of the door.

One of the huge doors swings open and there standing holding a tiny baby is Cindy.

"Eric?"

Hey guys it's the author I just wanted to let you all know that I have a new book called Sinners

Hey guys it's the author I just wanted to let you all know that I have a new book called Sinners. It's something I've been working on for a while now. About a year and a half. I've uploaded the first chapter, so please check it out and let me know what you think of it!

Hugs and kisses xo