"If thats what you want"

Weeks have passed and Joel and I have been getting a lot closer

Weeks have passed and Joel and I have been getting a lot closer. We spend time together to do our class project as well as extra time together to have fun. He's one of my closest friends besides Char.

Eric and I have been doing alright although he never speaks to me about Joel and I don't think they hang out much anymore. I guess they are both too busy.

I get out of my bed after lying there for about an hour scrolling through social media, and I decide I want something to eat. As I'm walking down the stairs to the kitchen to make some food there is a knock at my front door.

When I reach the door I can heat Eric's voice.

"Hey, Cindy it's me." His voice is slightly muffled from the thick wooden door. I open the door and reveal my boyfriend wearing black converse, faded jeans and a hoodie.

"Hi Eric." I kiss him. I've missed him. Even though we see each other at school everyday, I've just been so preoccupied with other things that I haven't had the chance to just spend time with him.

"What have you been up to?" He asks me. "I was just about to make something to eat. Do you want anything?" I offer him.

No it's ok, I just ate. I actually cane here to talk to you about something." He sounds serious. I can hear him follow behind me as I head back to the kitchen. "Okay?" I turn to face him. He's sitting on a bar stool on the opposite side of the kitchen bench.

"So I've noticed you and Joel have been spending a lot of time together and I know you guys are partners for that school thing, but I feel like you are spending more time with my best friend than with me your boyfriend." Eric let's put a breathe he has obviously been holding in. I stare at him as I take in what he has just blurted. "Eric Joel and I are just friends and we've been working really hard on this project." I tell him.

The truth is I have been getting feelings for Joel but I would never do anything about it because I know it would end badly. Besides I think I'm in love with Eric and I don't want to mess it all up.

"No! Don't you deny it." Eric suddenly stands up. He slaps his hand against the kitchen counter. "I can see it in your eyes you have feelings for him. Don't lie to me Cindy." He raises his voice angrily.

"I don't. I'm with you." I defend. "We are just friends. Trust me." I try to assure him. This has gone down hill way to fast.

"Cindy I don't want to do this if your just going to go to another guy once you have me."

"Have you?! Your the one who came after me so desperately." I yell at him.

"Desperate! I was not desperate. I saw you and I thought you would be nice to have around. And you know after getting to know you, you seemed pretty fun and I liked you." He says everything in past tense.

"Eric why are you saying everything like it's in the past? We are still together." I lower my voice to a whisper and avoid eye contact as I look at the bench.

"What I mean is I used to want to get to know you and be with you, but this isn't the Cindy that made me laugh and did stupid things to avoid embarrassment to only become even more embarrassed. This new Cindy is not someone I want to be around. Your not even around anyway." He says sadly.

"What are you saying? That we are done?" I ask looking up from the bench.

"I think for now, it is for the best if we just take a break. If we are meant to be we will find our way back to each other." He sighs.

"If that's what you want." I look him in the eyes and I see nothing but hurt. I did this to him. I need to fix this I just need to figure out how. Maybe if I get the project done quicker I can focus on Eric and my relationship.

"Bye Cindy." I watch as he walks out the front door to my house and doesn't look back.

" I watch as he walks out the front door to my house and doesn't look back

Short SkirtsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara