Tiny human

I am freaking out

I am freaking out. I don't know what to do. The slight possibility that I might be pregnant is giving me a headache and I feel like I want to throw up. Or maybe that's just morning sickness, I don't know.

I do the only thing I know to do. I drive to a chemist and get a pregnancy test.

When I walk in the lady at the counter smiles at me with her friendly eyes. I wander around to the pregnancy test isle and pick up a test box and head to the counter. I hope this lady doesn't judge me.

"Hi how are you sweetie?" The lady smiles at me. "I'm good I just want to but this." I place the test on the bench. I watch the lady but her expression doesn't change and she looks more understanding than judgemental.

"Darling, that will be $15.50." The lady smiles at me. I pull out a 20 dollar bill and hand it over. The lady gives me my change and puts the test in a bag.

"Do you know how to use this sweetie?" The lady asks. "Oh, yes I'll be fine, thank you." I reply with a friendly smile. The lady waves bye and I get into my car.

Once home I go straight to my bathroom and open the test box. I follow the instructions and after peeing on the stick I place it on my bathroom bench and wait.

The required minutes tick by and the result is shown.

I cry at the result. Tears of sadness and tears of joy surprisingly. I put the test in the bin and go and lay on my bed.

What am I going to do. I'm going to have to tell Eric about this whole thing. I'm not sure whether he will be sad or happy. I just know I can't keep something like this from him. After all he is going to be a father.

I decide I am going to tell him once I know for sure and I have gone to the doctors for a proper checkup. I book and appointment for next week after school.

——

The rest of the week I avoid Eric as much as possible. It's super hard since he is persistent and really confused as to why I am being distant. However, I know that if we talk for longer than thirty seconds I will accidentally tell him.

When the last school bell rings I rush out of school before anyone can talk to me and I drive straight to my family doctor.

I park near the front of the doctors and walk inside.

"Hi miss how can I help you?" The receptionist grins. "I have an appointment with Dr. Lismore." I inform the lady.

"Just take a seat and she'll be out soon." The lady points to a small waiting area behind me. "Thank you." I smile and take a seat in one of the chairs.

five minutes pass and my doctor comes out to get me.

"Cindy, how nice to see you." She smiles while waving me over. "Hi Sam." I call her by her first name. We walk into her office and she takes a seat behind her desk while I sit in the chair across from her on the other side.

"So, what's the matter?" She looks concerned. "I think I may be pregnant." I say. I trust this women with my life and I know she would tel a soul. Not even my parents.

"Have you done a pregnancy test?" she asks. "Yes and it was positive."

"Hmm, those tests aren't always accurate." she says typing on her computer. "I know that's why I am here. I would like to get tested so I know for sure." I confess.

"That would be best. Look let's just take a walk to the test room and we will run the tests." She smiles.

We walk to a room with a bed thing and a chair.

she makes me sit it the bed thing and it turns out it can sit up to a chair aswell. She takes some of my blood and does some other things and before I know it she is done.

"Ok hun, we won't have your results until friday but i'll call you in then." Sam says to me while we leave the room. "Ok, thank you Sam." I thank her. We say our goodbyes and I head home.

——

It's been a few days and I just got a call from my doctor saying the results are in and I need to head to the doctors now.

I walk inside and Sam is already waiting for me. She guides me to her office and we take our seats.

I watch her as she sets out some forms and she reads me my results.

"Cindy, the test was positive."