Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

I walked out of the bathroom with wet hair, baggy grey sweatpants, a simple black t-shirt and thick, purple, fluffy bed socks. The shower seemed to warm me up and temporarily stopped my runny nose. The only major problem was my drowsy state and sore throat. Showers are miracles and so are heaters.

Xander was in the living room laying down on the couch going through phones messages. I noticed that there was a hot cup of lemon juice and honey on the coffee table and two bowl of noodles.

"Hope you don't mind that I used you're stove and pot and noodles and-"

"It's fine." I grinned, sitting down on the couch.

He strangely rolled off the couch and walked over to the coffee table, handing me and himself a bowl of noodles. With a surprised expression, I nodded a thanks. I really didn't expect any of this. Everything was just uncalled for. Not that that was a bad thing, because it was far from bad. I felt cared for and this was something I appreciated and wanted to treasure.

I stared down at the warm bowl in my lap and watched as the steam spiraled up into the air. I waved my finger through the steam to change the pattern until my eyes drifted up to Xander whom was grinning at my actions.

"What?" I whispered, trying to restrain myself from destroying my vocal chords.

"Nothing, just eat your food." He coughed awkwardly.

"Yes, Mr Johnson." I mocked jokingly, before digging in.

We ate in complete silence, which set me on edge. We avoided eye contact since we both found it awkward looking at each other while eating. Besides that, the food was good, well as good as 5 minute noodles could be.

After placing our empty bowls into the kitchen, I walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch next to Xander and fiddled my thumbs not knowing what to do.

"So...." I trailed off, before an unexpected yawn left my mouth.

"Someone's still tired," Xander laughed, before jumping up.

I didn't have any knowledge of what he was planning to do as he walked down the hallway and into my bedroom. He was in my room. A boy in my room.... I wasn't expecting this. What was he doing? I wanted to call out to him, but my voice was too vulnerable to use in my sick state. I refused to get up, because I was comfortable where I was. Eventually he came around the corner with my blanket and pillows piled up on his arms. He came over and dumped my stuff onto the couch.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you were going to crash on the couch." He pointed out with a matter-of-factly tone.

"I did...." I trailed off to myself, before cupping my face in exhaustion. "This cold is affecting my brain."

Xander laughed as he turned the TV on with the remote and patted the space next to him. I crawled over and lifted my blanket up to my chin. I wasn't sure if I should've offered some of the blanket for him, but something about that made me giddy. He teased me everytime I sneezed and constantly placed lip-balm on my lips to stop them from drying up.

The entertainment from the television was rather short-lived. Everything that was on at the time wasn't too interesting, so Xander began losing attention and turned the volume down.

"I'm bored." He groaned, elonging the word 'bored'.

"Cool story." I sarcastically replied, he shrugged off my sarcasm and decided to take it seriously.

"It's not my best story. There was this one time I..."

He trailed off talking about how he accidentally shop-lifted a bag of marbles when he was younger and other small stories associated with his life. I was honestly really intrigued. I wanted to know as much about him as I could; as much as he'd tell me. He told me things from how he had a slight fear of eating marshmallows after a god-forbidden roller-coaster ride went wrong, to how he smoked his first cigarette out of pure curiosity.