Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

 The palms of my hands were stinging in pain and were bleeding due to the scrapes. It did hurt, but all I could think and see was the very girl that had tripped me over. She was someone I didn't want to mess with and didn't expect to come across. I assumed that the culprit was Sophina, but it was in fact Nikita Jenkins.

Unlike Sophina, the leadership girl loved by teachers for her involvement in school organisations, Nikita was dreaded by teachers. She was almost like a girl version of the old Xander. Disruptive, constantly swears, intimidating and disobedient. There was one slight difference between the two; Xander was secretly sweet, but she... she was a misanthrope. Didn't matter how kind or mean someone was to her, she hated all living, breathing human beings. She was also known for random violent acts and had been put on a red card and been suspended multiple times. Some teachers prayed that she'd eventually get expelled. Overall, she was a scary girl.

"My job here is done," Nikita muttered to herself as she strolled off like nothing had happened.

Her teased dirty blonde hair floated in the air as she swiftly trotted off. I shut my eyes before her short skirt revealed anything I never wanted to see. Someone really needed to run up to her and pull her skirt down. It was disturbing.

Why would she trip me over? Why is everybody finding pleasure in my pain lately?

A lot of the football players ignored me, however, Logan and Paris jumped to my aid. The teachers on watch weren't in the canteen area, which I found rather inconvenient to our school body.

"What happened?" Paris asked, as she help me up.

"I tripped," I nervously laughed off, looking down as the blood dripping off my hand. I didn't know why I didn't tell them the truth. I guess I didn't want to dob on Nikita and be despised by her. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I should probably go to the office to clean my hands up."

"Clueless and clumsy!" Logan laughed, earning a jab in the stomach from an unimpressed Paris.

"Don't be a douche." Paris scolded.

"Sorry."

I laughed at their bickering, but winced at my pain. I didn't actually take his statement as an insult, only because I knew that it was true.

Holding my throbbing hands out in front of me, I turned to reach the office, but the school bell went off.

"Did you want me to go to the office with you?" Paris asked as Logan attempted to drag her away.

"Don't worry, just go to class."

"You sure?"

"Positive," I assured. "Can you do me a favour, Logan?"

"Depends what it is."

"Can you tell our teacher I'll be late?"

He nodded, before disappearing into the school corridor with Paris. Sighing tiredly, I turned against the crowd of students going to class and made my way to the office. Miss Good, the only nice office lady, rushed to me with a concerned face. After half-explaining my little trip, she sterilised my hand with Detol, which may I add hurt more than the actual fall, and bandaged it up. Writing was definitely going to be a problem with my bandaged hand.

****************************************************

"Can you actually believe it?!" Xander boasted, leaning back onto the library chair. "48.5 out of 50!"

My face lit up at how proud he was of himself, but on the other hand I felt a little deflated. He had gotten the top mark in our science test. By top I meant he beat me and I was the one that taught him! Albeit he only beat me by a mark and a half, I still had this rival feeling in my stomach. But then again, I was extremely proud of him. I smiled wearily at him.