twelve

update because i love u// fae dalton

i was sprawled across the couch, watching four annoying fuck teenagers (who were practically strangers) playing Mario cart and eating cold pizza. i love the wild teenage years.

"MICHAEL." i yell, though he was next to me.

hey, im in a weird ass mood and so im gonna be weird. also my sunburn is healing, i think. my shoulders and cheeks burn, but my legs and arms aren't nearly as red.

"WHAT." he yells back and i giggle. luke looks over when i giggle, making him lose a spot in the race.

"LET ME PLAY YOU FAT ASS NOODLE HUMPER." i yell, singing the last words and moving my hair to in front of my face.

"HEY FAE." he yells.

"WHAT."

"YOU SHOULD PUT SOME OF THAT PIZZA ON YOUR SUNBURN BECAUSE IT'S COLD AND UH YEAH" michael jeers.

ashton snorts, calum shakes his head and luke laughs softly.

i scoff. quietly though, so he doesn't hear me. since they were all on the wood floor in front of me i grab an oddly cold piece of pizza and stuff it down michaels shirt.

he jumps up. "AW FAE WHAT THE FUCK" i laugh uncontrollably, turning into a full on cackle. i am out of breath by the time i recover, but michaels already lifted me over his shoulder.

"DAMN IT NO MIKE NO PUT ME DOOOOOWN"

"shit," i hear calum mutter. "who gave them the alcohol."

"HEY HOOD, DONT PRETEND TO BE ABOVE US, YOU PEASANT" michael uses his hand that was supporting me to snap his fingers, sassily.

but, as fierce at it was, he stopped supporting me and i fell off his shoulder, onto the wood floor, right on the side of my head.

"ow, fucking hell mike."

he laughs for a second, grinning largely, but realizes im actually kind of hurt. my head was slightly throbbing and everything was sort of dizzy.

"not it." michael and calum, and then luke all say. ashton stands up and pauses the game, striding over to me and giving me his hand to help me up.

i glare over at the other three boys, trying to hide my smile. ashton grabs my chin and tilts my head up to see the (what i presume to be a) bruise on my head.

"yeah, that'll bruise." he states to no one in particular. i can feel his warm breath because of the close proximity, and no matter how intimate, it was awkward as fuck. he drops my head and takes my hand again.

"uh ash, you come play. i'll help fae." luke announces with a strange twinge in his voice that I can detect, already up from his spot.

ash furrows his eyebrows but then puts on a cheeky and knowing smile. im confused, to say the least.

luke looks at my hand, as if unsure to take it, and doesn't as he walks in front of me to the kitchen.

he helps me stagger over and up onto the messy granite counter top, pushing aside wrappers and empty cups.

he grabs a plastic bag and fills it with ice, and then wraps it in a paper towel. i gratefully accept.

"do you need a uh, an Advil or something?" he asks, leaning onto the counter next to me.

i shake my head, it only hurts a little. im a big girl, i can take it. i hear the door open, and some cheers. pizza maybe?

luke looks as confused as i am.