fourteen

luke gently set down his guitar inside the case, snapping it shut. he looks over at it after closing it and stares for a minute or so, deep in thought.

i purse my lips at what to do.

he jerks his head up and grins at me. i return the smile and start towards the main path to go back down.

i don't hear his footsteps following me like i thought i would so i turn around slowly.

he's walking the opposite way - exactly towards the dense woods of the mountain.

"luke!?" i call out, loud enough to where he could hear it, and it didnt hurt my head.

he turns around and pulls a face.

"what? you're backing out already? i thought irishmen would be tougher." he sighs, in a playful way. i scoff.

"puh-lease, hemmo, you can call me bindi the fucking jungle girl." he snorts at my comment and i grin.

we push past branches in our way, making a path of our own. i don't know where he has us going, or if he even knows, but i trust him.

the sun hasn't quite begun to set yet, it was still pretty high up in the sky. but it was so humid, my clothing sticking to me.

since the sunburn had mostly cleared up, and of course i didn't want it to happen again i applied lots of it today.

luke abruptly stops walking, reaching out a hand as if to protect me. i frown, i was probably tougher than him.

"fae did you hear that?" he whispers softly.

"hear what?" i say in my "outside" voice, and then slapping a hand over my mouth when i hear the large brush shake.

"oh shit." i say, barely audible.

i cling my arms around his waist, my head near his shoulder. he wraps an arm around me and i hear both our breathing get scattered and thick.

"do bears live here?" i ask. i can hear both our hearts shaking, and i resist the urge to laugh, as funny as the situation may (not) be.

"dunno. like i said, dropped out of school for this band."

"well thanks, mr. rockstar. you're singing voice won't be any help now." i say as softly as i can into his shoulder. neither of us take our eyes off the bush.

it shakes a little bit and that's when we bolt.

in different directions.
(they should've gone in one direction ha ok l8r) <Em the 8 phase was so like... 4 yrs ago. -Ari

-
i let out a sigh of relief, seeing that i had been able to climb the massive rock and that i was safe.

i turn around to talk to luke and make fun of him. but he wasn't there.

oh shit the band will be so mad at me since i lost their lead singer. maybe i could replace him?

my thoughts are cut short when i hear a voice. a human voice might i add.

"MARCO" it calls. i giggle. luke was alright.

"POOOooOooLO" i sing out, looking dramatically out from the top of the rock.

he hears me and i can see him.

"fae?" he asks in a normal voice. i can barely hear him.

"it's polo to you, young man." i scold. he looks up at the sky.

"what the hell? fae, are you in heaven or something?" he scratches his neck and i see a little blood on his face.

"no, im pretty sure id be hell." i state and he finally notices me. i gesture for him to come up and he does, his long legs make it quicker for him.

he sits next to me and we dangle our feet over the edge. i sigh.

he mutters something i can't hear.

"pardon?"

"it was a chipmunk." he says blatantly. i think about it for a second and then i cackle. i fucking cackle.

at this point im almost crying of laughter.

"how, how dumb a-are we?" i say, in between breaths.

he pulls an arm around my waist and brings me closer.

"the dumbest."

-

@faedalton: mARCo

@luke5sos: pOLo

-

i don't think y'all understand how much i want them to kiss and get together srsly

im going to a one direction concert in a few days. i don't really like them that much lol but

I love you forever and u are beautiful and worth it

x em