thirty

fae dalton// gif on side i want2 be her

short time lapse, we're walking on the street about midday. luke said he would probably have to leave sometime later, sometime sooner, but didnt want to leave me.

"listen, id love to spend the day with you, but we have some music meeting shit-"

"sounds professional." i laugh, keeping my shoulder close to his. he looks down at me with shining blue eyes.

he runs a hand through his tall, blonde hair.

"but actually, i need to know if you're okay for me to leave you."

okay, im happy he cares. like, it makes me all tingly and fuzzy. but, i don't need him.

i've known luke and the band for less than a week. i get that i needed a source of happiness- but that could've been a song or movie or quote.

"luke- uhm, of course im fine. you're not like, nevermind." i stutter awkwardly.

he pauses in his step. "what?"

"nothing- well, i, it's just these things are kind of usual with me. im happy you noticed especially if we're going to be together."

he coughs kind of. "uhm? together? like i mean-"

i blush instantly. "oh god, not like that- well, i mean, that wouldn't be bad,"

"no, it wouldn't be bad!" he agrees. i blush more and continue to stutter. the air is suddenly too warm.

"basically i sometimes get like sad and im really happy you noticed. it makes me feel special? i dunno that's dumb."

i noticed my irish accent got thicker and i was ready to go on an adventure.

"i have an idea," i say as we approach (what looks like) a country club. it's odd to see such a large, fancy, restaurant type building in the city. im glad i changed the subject.

i push open the door and say, "good afternoon, good sir." in a posh voice directed at luke.

he pretends to curtsy with his crazy long legs and i giggle. what a nerd.

reading the sign on the entry way, it reads that there is a cocktail party in one of the two ballrooms.

i grab lukes hand and tug on it, racing him up the carpeted stairs-- quickly avoiding all passerby's and suited workers of the location.

the ballroom doors are open and waiters greet us with drinks. we both decline and walk further into the room.

lukes eyes light up and stare at the beautiful party in wonder. i join him.

though, everyone was suited in lovely dresses or bowties. i smiled at our skinny jeans, plain shirts and converse. we sway softly with the sophisticated music and i already know we're in for a fun day.

i take a small breath and squeeze luke's hand a little.

"lucas, are you ready to party?"

-

@faedalton: 💀😎🌸⭐

@Luke5SOS: ⛄⛄🐧
-