Chapter 1

Luna looked over at the three people that stood with her, they all had a single tally marked with a skull at the top on their cheek. "So, do you guys know what's going on?" Luna asked. A girl with an oversized hoodie that read 'Autumn' on the back had looked at her. "Nope, do you guys know?"

"I was talking to someone named Meg and she told me that we had to do generators." The other girl with a brown hoodie informed them. "That sounds too easy, there has to be a catch." A man in a trenchcoat said, his armed crossed. "I'm Luna." Luna introduced herself to the three people before here. "I'm Hope!" The girl in the brown hoodie introduce, giving a small wave. "Autumn." The girl with the oversized black hoodie said, which anyone could guess seeing as her name was in large blocky letters on the back of her shirt, "And I'm Smug, at your service." The guy in the brown trenchcoat said, giving his best butler bow.

"So-," Luna stared before her vision began to darkened; the sound fading until it was utterly silent. She could hear her breath, her heartbeat. She tried to speak but the darkness seemed to rip away her voice. Luna tried moving but she couldn't; stuck in place for what felt like hours.

Then finally she found herself scanning a place, confused to why she was there. The area was covered in darkness with only the moonlight to see. Randomly placed walls, pallets, and structures littered the area. One building was a small shack in a corner around a border and the other was placed in the middle. It was a tower with what looked to be lockers at the bottom.

Luna slowly made her way up the stairs and noticed Hope messing with a generator. "So, you know how to fix these?" Luna asked her, causing Hope to jump at the sudden sound. "Sorry," Luna apologize, only for Hope to shake her hand. "No you're fine. No, I'm not an expert but Meg gave me some pointers." Hope said, turning a gear slowly and pulling a few knobs. "Do you find it weird that no one knows what they're doing but this Meg person?" Luna wondered out loud, twisting a gear. "Oh no, there's more. She was the one that was available to talk." Hope explained, which only made Luna confused. "Then why not have put them in to help?  Why put four people that don't know what they're doing when there are more experienced people?" Luna asked.

Before Hope could agree with her, she began to feel her heartbeat pound. "Luna.." Hope whispered, grabbing the sleeve of her jacket. "I.. feel it too." Luna muttered. Luna noticed the lockers and climbed into one. Hope was about to follow when she remembered what Meg had told her. "*Lockers are bad news, just hide around boxes or trees.*" Hope tried to warn Luna but a man had hastily walked up the stairs, kicking their generator.

The man had spikes poking out of his skin and he had a cruel, bloodied mask. Hope, nor Luna wanted to be around this guy as he was intimidating and meant business. A loud clicking sound could be heard but Hope couldn't see what he had placed. He then began to go straight towards the locker that Luna was in.

Hope jumped up, wanting to scream for his attention but he already opened it. Though, something weird had happened, instead of the man pulling Luna out, she shoved past him. This caused him to stumbled back in shock but only was stunned for a few seconds before chasing her. Luna ran out of what looked like a doorway but there wasn't any platform Luna could run on. "Fuck!" Luna winced as she landed on her leg wrong and scampered away.

Hope watched, shocked at what just happened. Meg had said that you were basically trapped when you were in a locker so how did Luna manage that? Hope shrugged and walked back over to the generator, noticing the bear trap. Hope moved around it and began to work on the generator.

———

"So, how does it feel?" Autumn asked, taking a bone-like structure apart. "How does what feel?" Smug asked, on a generator not too far from her. "You know, being the only male in this group." Autumn pointed out. Smug turned around, smirking, "Who says I was?" Smug laughed at Autumn reaction. "It's alright I'm teasing. I don't mind really, besides I'm sure there got to be guys around." Smug explained. "And if they aren't?" Autumn asked. "*It'll be either a really good thing, or a bad thing.*" He said with a smirk.

Autumn opened her mouth until she heard a loud cry of pain followed by her heart pounding in her chest. Smug got off from the generator to see Luna running away from the killer and towards the small shack. "Autumn, stay here." Smug ordered and began to jog over. Smug could hear a loud roar off in a distance, confused but didn't have the time to investigate it.

Smug noticed that Luna had slammed a pallet on the man's head. He let out an aggravated grunt as Luna sprinted away. "Hey! Over here!" Smug yelled, causing the killer's head to snap over to him. The killer began to chase Smug though pallets with two more roars sounded off. "The hell?" Smug questioned, confused. His confusion nearly costed him his life as the man barely missed his attack. "Hey, nice try!" Smug chuckled, running away.

Smug ducked behind some boxes, he was cursing under his breath. This made Smug smirked while another roar sounded off in the distance. This caught the man's attention and started stomping towards the noise. Smug let out an amused laugh at his sulking and began in a different direction.

———

Autumn was running back and forth to generator to generator. She discovered that once a generator was activated, she would burst into a sprint. Using this to her advantage, she ran over to one of the last three generators.

"Autumn?" Luna's voice was quiet, soft. Autumn looked up to see Luna clutching her stomach. "Oh my." Autumn covered her mouth with her hand and made her way over to her. Autumn then remembered the box that was not to far from her. "Work on that while I look through this." Autumn instruction. Luna nodded and made her way over to the generator.

Autumn rummaged around the small chest and noticed a small worn out medkit. Autumn grabbed it and began to messily wrap her wound. "Thanks, that oddly feels a lot better." Luna smiled. They both yelled when the generator in front of them powered and a two loud noises caught their attention. Luna jogged over to one and noticed a switch with a blood hand in the middle, causing her to swallow hard.

With three loud beeps, similar to an alarm clock, the door slide opened. Luna waited when Smug crept in the door with them. "Where's Hope??" Luna asked, her stomach dropped when she heard her scream. She was close to the door with the man close on her tail. Luna ran to her, standing in front of the man. He was confused at first and went to swing at Luna, but missed. Luna took this chance to punch the man, causing him to stumble back as they ran out of the place.

———

"Now that was awesome!" Smug yelled, laughing. Luna couldn't but blush in embarrassment. "I-It was nothing." Luna stuttered, Hope hugged her tightly. "It meant a lot to me!!" Hope said with a smile, causing Luna to blush and let out a small breath of relief.

"You guys done?" A voice was to the right of them. A group of people sat around the campfire, with most of them looking over at them. "Sorry, who are you?" Luna asked, walking over. The three followered. "So you four are the new survivors." A man with a gruff voice that had no shirt on with red pants; his knuckles were bandaged. "Yes." Smug answered simply. "So, three girls and a boy; or are you?" An amused chuckle was being them. The girl had short hair with a beanie on, wesring a muscle t-shirt. "I'm guessing people as you the same thing." Smug shot back but the girl only chuckled. "I like you."

"Why don't y'all take a seat? You gots a lot to learn." A soft country voice belonged to a fair skinned girl with a blonde hair. A tattoo covering her entire left arm as she held a guitar close to her. She played a soft tune as the group of four sat together. "Let's talk."