Anti-Valentine

Every year around February 14th all the couples gather around share their love for each other; It's called Valentine's day. Out of  the 26 years of my life I always hated Valentine's day. Why? I don't know maybe because love is always not on my side.

The covers trapped me in their hold while I flipped through channels. Nothing but Valentine's day movies. Great. I hit the power button on the remote and threw it across the room. Laying flat on my stomach I buried my head in a pillow.  

"Whiskey Hands!" My phone screamed telling me that Mike was calling me.

Me: Hey Mike

Mike: Any plans for today?

Me: Besides moping around the house and planning to watch horror movies? No.

Mike: Alright the guys and I are on our way to rescue you from boredom.

I hung up the phone. Both hands ran through my hair revealing that I need to take a shower. After the shower I out on a green Ninja Turtles shirt and Harry Potter Slytherin pajama pants. Lastly I threw my hair in a messy bun. There was a knock on the door which signaled Charlie to start barking so I went to answer it. I was greeted with bear hugs.

"You wore the right clothes today. Because we brought TMNT movies!" Tony laughs. 

Vic and Jaime were sitting on one couch. Tony insisted that he sat on the floor. And Mike sat next to me on the other couch.

As time passes we went through three movies. I didn't realize it but my head was laying on Mike's shoulder and his arm was wrapped around my waist. Vic was sleeping, Jaime was on his way to be sleeping, and Tony was fully energized watching Star Wars. Tony's phone went off causing Vic and Jaime to awake.

"Hey! We have an hour or two to get ready for our dates tonight," Jaime yells. Tony and Vic nod but Mike doesn't. All of their heads turned towards me making me nervous. "Spence do you have a date tonight?"

"Hmm no," I let out a big sigh. They all gasp at my answer causing me to laugh. "I'm not a fan of this whole Valentine's day thing."

"Maybe it's because you never had a Valentine." Jaime says pulling himself off the couch.

"If it makes it any better I don't have one either. Maybe we can have a sleepover?" Mike speaks in a soothing tone. I nod yes to his answer. The guys leave out the door.

Right now I don't consider Mike an ex-boyfriend I consider him a very close friend. I checked my phone and it says 6:15 p.m. and I was starting to get hungry.

"You hungry? Wanna go out to eat?" I ask looking up at Mike. He nodded so I went up to my room and he followed. Mike sat on my bed looking at all my pictures I have hung up on the wall and on my nightstands. I found myself searching through my walk in closet.

My hands skimmed a 50s red dress with white polka dots. A big sigh escaped my lips.

"Dress or jeans?" I asked Mike.

"Dress. You look great in dresses." I smile even though he can't see me.

The dress found it's way around my body and I slipped my feet into my favorite pair of heels. Strutting out of the closet I stopped and struck a pose making Mike laugh.

"I love that dress!" He smiled.

We went out to a Mexican restaurant. After that we went to Walmart to get popcorn and left back to my house. I changed back into my clothes earlier and plopped down on the couch after putting in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.

"I love you Spencer." Mike kissed my forehead.

"I love you too Mike."

Tonight I spent what I call 'Anti-Valentine's day' with the best guy in the world. The guy I still have feelings for, Mike.