i love you

“Come on, Remus!” You urged, pulling on his hand as you willed him to walk faster through the snow that coated the streets of Hogsmeade.

He laughed as he hurried his steps a little, “I am, Y/N!”

“No, you’re not!” You childishly retorted, a grin on your lips.

Remus simply laughed, his voice vibrating through your chest and warming you on the cold winters day.

You finally reached Honeydukes and without fail Remus hurried on the last steps there, opening the door for you, the bell tinkling softly. You smiled at him, laughing at his cheesy grin as he gestured for you to walk in with a large wave of his arm.

“Thank you, kind sir.” You curtsied deeply before walking in.

“My absolute pleasure, my darling lady.” Remus replied, holding out his arm. You placed your hand in the crook of his arm, pulling him towards a tasting booth.

“These are the newest sweets we have!” Mr Flume exaggerated, the bald and rather large man who owned the shop. “Free tasters! Ladies, I think you would enjoy these new Honeyduke’s Melted Chocolate Icicles, they melt on your tongue but stay solid in your hand! Gentlemen! How about these new Charm Caramels? The brother of Charm Choc?” He gestured to a box of the Charm Caramels, which were wrapped in golden packaging with a red border.

“I’ll try one of those Melted Chocolate Icicles!” You exclaimed, walking up to the store owner. 

“Excellent choice, my dear!” Ambrosius said, reaching into the box and passing you a thin cone shaped chocolate wrapped in ice blue, “With these, you won’t have to worry about getting your hands dirty!” 

You took it from him and unwrapped it, holding it in your hand, you found it felt ice cold and solid. There was no way this chocolate was going to melt any time soon. You popped it in your mouth, where it melted into a warm chocolate pool immediately. You moaned in satisfaction at the rich flavour and closed your eyes as you enjoyed the taste.

“How did you find it, dear?” Mr Flume asked, his eyes eager for a response.

“These are brilliant, Mr Flume!” You complimented, turning to look at Remus. “You want to try some?” You asked, holding out the remaining chocolate. His green eyes sparkled as he took it from you, popping the rest in his mouth.

“Mm!” He over exaggerated, closing his eyes and placing a hand on his heart, dramatising your reaction, “This really is brilliant, Mr Flume!” He copied in a high girlish voice. You rolled your eyes, punching him in the arm as you turned your attention back to the shop. 

“I do not talk like that!” You declared, walking over to a shelf and pulling a box of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans. Remus grabbed some Liquorice Wands from a shelf as he made his way to you.

“I do not talk like that!” He mimicked in his girlish voice again.

“Shut up, Loop.” You retorted, knowing that he hated that nickname. You pulled some jelly slugs from a barrel, purposely ignoring Remus.

“Oh come on, Y/N!” Remus moaned, “You know I hate that nickname!”

“Isn’t that a shame, Loop?” You teased, walking to the counter so you could pay for your sweets.