note

The sun was smirking. Its rays dipped down into the blue sky, reaching through the windows and dancing on your robes as you sat in Transfiguration, hardly paying attention. The sun was serving as a reminder that in less than twenty-four hours, the sweet boy beside you would become an entirely different creature. You shuddered, thinking of the pain he would be enduring. 

Remus Lupin was a sweet boy, kind-hearted and caring. But he could be cold, and unforgiving, especially around the time of his monthly meeting with the moon. 

Even now, he slouched, hands clenched into fists under the table while his eyes were trained on the lesson happening front of him. He was absolutely furious about a row he had with Sirius last night. It was Sirius that was in the wrong, but Remus’s escalation of the situation that made everything turn. You didn’t even know what it was about. The curt, “he was getting on my last nerve,” was the only explanation Remus gave you, and you knew better than to push it. All would be forgiven, anyway, when Sirius took a hit to the chest for Remus on the full moon. They all knew that. 

Suddenly, you were pulled from your thoughts when a piece of parchment flew over to you, delicately landing on your lap. Remus pretended not to notice as you unfolded it. 

y/n, I’m afraid I’ve gone hopelessly mad for you, and I really think you should take a chance on me. I’m an excellent kisser. Check off your answer below. xo, Scott Foster. 

Below, there were two boxes, each accompanied by the word ‘yes.’ The boy wasn’t giving you very many options. There was a small p.s that read, “I know you won’t be able to resist. You’re a sucker for hopeless cases. Lupin’s proof.”

“What are we, children?” you mumbled and glared back up at the Slytherin boy, who refused to face you but kept a smirk on his face. Anger flared inside you. Without thinking, you crumbled the note under the table and turned your attention towards the lesson at hand, though you were really thinking of ways to cuss out Scott Foster after Transfiguration. 

Remus noticed your sudden anger. “What did that say, love?” he asked, voice laced with concern but also curiosity. 

“Don’t worry about it, Rem,” you said, forcing a smile. You knew it would do nothing but upset him, and you were already walking on eggshells to avoid making him angry. Some lousy Slytherin was not going to mess this up. 

But Remus frowned at you. “Well, now I’m worried about it, y/n.” 

You frowned and looked back towards your near empty notes, shaking your head. “Rem,” you started, but as you begin to speak Remus snatched the note out from your hands. Anxiety swelled inside you. You couldn’t exactly fight for it back in the middle of class without getting chewed out by McGonagall. “Remus, please,” you started, but his eyes were already darting across the note. 

Remus didn’t say anything. When he finished, he lifted his head and locked his jaw. “Rem?” you whispered, but he was shaking with anger, and you knew that, in that moment, there was nothing you could do. 

The lesson seemed to drag on forever. You spent most of it anxiously shaking your leg and glancing at your boyfriend, who, save the shaking, had not moved an inch. However, when the class ended, Remus shot up and marched towards the door. 

Fuck,” you said, quickly hurrying after him as he chased Scott Foster out the door. “Remus!” you called for him, but he ignored you, storming down the corridor and right up to the boy in question.