jealousy again

Y/N was sitting on the couch, snuggled up with a book, when the Marauders burst into the common room. She looked up, meeting her boyfriend Remus' eye. He gave her a small smile before James whispered something into his ear, whisking him away.

She loved that even after all this time, he still managed to make her heart skip a beat. Whether that be when he gave her a mere smile, pressed a light kiss to her forehead, or when he gently brushed his hand against hers in class.
She turned to her attention to the book again, flipping the next page. She was immediately thrown into the character's shoes, the story unfolding right before her eyes.
The dark woods, so vivid in her mind that she could practically feel the breeze blowing in her hair-
"Remus, can you help me?"
And just like that, she was thrust back into reality. Y/N clenched her fists as she slowly turned her head around.
The girl was standing dangerously close to Remus, who didn't seem to notice. She batted her eyelashes at him as he mumbled a 'sure' and took the parchment from her hands.
A wave of anger rushed into her as she watched him finally hand it back to her, a charming smile on his face. The girl chuckled at something he said, lightly nudging his arm before walking off, out of sight.
Y/N immediately slapped her book shut, carelessly tossing it onto the couch. She stomped over to Remus, dragging him to a secluded corner of the room.
"Um.. are you alright, Y/N?" He furrowed his eyebrows at her in concern.
"Really?" She scoffed. "Again?"
He awkwardly ran a hand through his disheveled hair. "What?"
"You - you can't just go around flirting with every girl you see!" Y/N shouted, digging her nails her palms.
Remus shoved his hands into his pockets, taking a deep breath. "I was helping her, Y/N. Please calm down."
But she was on a roll, and the words wouldn't stop rushing out of her mouth.
"I swear, Remus, you do this all the time! Sometimes it feels like you don't even care about me!"
His eyes widened. "I'm the one who does it all the time?! Sometimes you're just so short-tempered! You don't even listen to a word I say!" He finally spat back, taking her by surprise.
Her heart sank to the bottom of her stomach, her face falling.
"Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry Y/N. I - I didn't mean any of that." Remus' expression softened, his green eyes filling with regret. He raised his arms to wrap them around her, but Y/N flinched, slapping them away.
"You wouldn't have said it if you didn't mean it." She whispered, looking down at the floor.
He closed his eyes painfully. "No, Y/N, please. I'm so, so sorry."
She shook her head. "I should be the one apologising. I - I don't know what got into me."
He gave her a small nod. "But hey," he gently placed a hand under her chin, lifting her face up to meet his. "I don't want you to ever feel like I'm... flirting with somebody else."
Y/N felt her cheeks go warm as he inched his face closer to hers.
"Because I only have eyes for one person. Do you know who that might be?"
"Who?" She breathed, heart pounding at their closeness.
Remus suddenly wrapped his strong arms around her waist, crashing his lips against hers. Y/N quickly wrapped hers around his neck, tangling one hand through his brown hair. A shiver went down her spine as he carefully unwrapped one of his hands, using it to caress her cheek. Gasping for breath, they hastily broke away, hands still holding them in a tight embrace.
"You."
Thanks for reading! Sorry if it wasn't that great, I'm struggling with my writer's block. My requests are still closed, but my ask box is always open!

young!remus lupin x readeryoung!remus x readeryoung!remus lupin imagineyoung!remus lupinremus lupin x readerremus x readerremus lupin

104 notes

See neville-longbutton-and-imagines's whole Tumblr