Prologue

Disclaimer:  This is a work of fiction.  I own nothing and know even less.  This story is a stand alone, but it does take place in the TFAN universe, where Yunho played a crucial role.

Summary:  On a cold winter’s day he cast their love away for the sake of his family.  The following autumn an act of vengeance left their love beyond the reaches of forgiveness.  Two summers later a fan’s anger and the ultimate act of self-sacrifice would redefine everything they knew about love, pride, selfishness, and forgiveness.

“I’m not looking at you,” Yunho denied, as he smiled brightly at the crowd of people below the stage, taking picture after picture of them.

“You were before.  I know what you are thinking, don’t think I don’t,” Changmin accused the man sitting beside him in a hushed tone that only Yunho could hear.

“I am thinking it’s a lovely summer’s day, and I am lucky to be spending it with my favorite maknae,” Yunho said with a big grin as he continued to look at the crowd.

“Don’t play with me, Yunho. You are mad because of what I told the interviewer...just admit it.  Heaven forbid we tell the truth.  I am not envious of their success!  They do associate with criminals, they aren’t innocent and we are better off without them,” Changmin whispered harshly to Yunho. Despite the confidence of his words, a slight desperation had slipped into his voice, but his smile never faltered.

“And the comments about Jae’s personal life?”  Yunho asked carefully as he stood up and bowed to the crowd at the MC’s instructions.

“They were supposed to be off the record,” Changmin explained as he too got up and bowed before the crowd next to Yunho.

Yunho did turn to Changmin now and spoke in a soft but firm tone, “Who is playing with whom now?  We both know everything we ever say about them to a reporter for the rest of our lives is on the record.  You meant to say it.  You have wanted to say something for a long time.  You delighted in saying it.”

Changmin’s smile vanished. “I did.  I delight in the thought of hurting them all, but him most of all.  I didn’t say anything in that interview that wasn’t the truth.  All his past lies about how nothing was more important than Dong Bang Shin Ki and his members…I would like to take all his old quotes and shove them down his pretty, fake face.”

“Attacking them only enrages the fans and ends up hurting us,”   Yunho advised, his smile still appearing sincere for the crowd below him.

“I know…but sometimes I want to speak the truth.  I’d love to write a book and tell all.  Tell them a story of greed, ambition, betrayal, obsession and sexual deviance,” Changmin said under his breath smiling for real at the thought of sharing his story.

Yunho moved forward along with Changmin when the MC motioned for them.  Yunho brushed into Changmin and whispered, “Just make sure I am dead before you release it.”

“Okay, after you are dead then,” Changmin whispered back as he watched Yunho step up to the podium to begin his speech.

Yunho continued to smile brightly as he greeted the crowd, “I am so glad we could be here today.  It’s a great honor for…”  Yunho stopped as he noticed a girl in the crowd holding what appeared to be a gun.  He watched as she smiled wickedly, lifted her arm and aimed for Changmin who stood beside him, like always.  He didn’t even have time to think as his lightning quick reflexes took over and he instinctively leaped for Changmin, knocking him to the floor.  Relief flooded Yunho, knowing Changmin was unharmed, and then his world went black.

Title:     Damaged
Author:  AquariusLover
Rating:   R
Pairing:  Yunjae
Genre:   Friendship, Romance, Future AU, Angst
Beta:  Motty123