Chapter 33 : Love Finally (BETWEEN THE NIGHT)

Well golden gates can wait, let them have the well it was.
It's just us, it's just us right now.
Even if we disappear, even if we're left behind,
It's just this, it's just this right now.
And there is never a time that is not now.
Rosi Golan - Between The Night, Between The Day( God bless TVD )
*
*
Present 
I groaned for the 2569th time. I took my phone and the screen lit up. It was 3 o'clock.  God, I can't sleep!  Why can't  I sleep?
Oh wait, let me guess. Cause your husband (who's also your ex lover) , had finally decided to open his big mouth and tell you every bit of the truth that you never knew.

I think it's finally time to say this :

My life is a huge lie.

There. From the moment I came to know about every single detail, I can't even think to anything else other than our past and how wrong I was.

God dammit, I sat up and hit my bed with my hands. To hell with sleep.

I ran out of my room, ran through the corridor and stood in front of Liam's room. The door was shut. Everything was silent, and all I could hear was my ragged breathing due to running.

Maybe I should just go,  I nodded and turned back.

No! Wait! What are you doing? You can't do this. Yes, I can't, I sighed.
These were the rare moments where my conscience is right. I mean, it's my conscience for God's sake. I should go inside and clear every doubt I have.

Because there's never a time that is not now.

I lightly knocked on the door. No response. Maybe he's asleep. Dammit, I knew this was a bad idea. I turned to go back when, as if on cue, the door opened and Liam stood their with nothing but his boxers. He scrunched up his face when a dim light fell upon his face.

Man, he's yummy. Those abs.... stop it! Behave!

"Ashley?", he asked. His voice brought me out of my trance.

"Umm... I couldn't sleep. But-but you should go back. Sorry for disturbing. I don't know what I was thi-"

"Hey. It's okay. Come in. ", he said.

I entered and was taken aback by the interior. This was probably the first time I entered his room. It was beautiful and yet boyish.

He got up on his bed and patted the space beside him. I blushed and made slow steps towards him. Once I sat down, I contemplated about telling it to him.
I should. He deserves it.

"I'm sorry. ", we both said in unison.
He chuckled, "Why are you sorry? I made your life a living hell. "

I shook my head, "There are some things that I need to clear up with you. ", I sighed and closed my eyes before continuing, "I'm sorry. For not hearing your explanation. For jumping to conclusions. For thinking that you were a devil and what not. I'm truly sorry. I should have listened to your side of the story. I'm sorry Liam. I hope you can forgive me. ", I finished as a tear slid down my face.

"Hey, don't cry. ", he took my hand and pulled me closer. His scent filled my nostrils and I immediately felt at peace. I couldn't think of a better place than his arms. It was my safe haven. I felt like its time to tell him. Everything I feel.

"And no. ", I continued, "you didn't make my life a living hell. I agree I hated you. With a passion, might I add. But, every time I looked into your eyes.... I felt something inside me that filled me with warmth. I don't regret marrying you Liam. ", I bursted out crying as he kept on patting my head, "because.... because a part of me still loves you like I did two years back. ", I pushed my head into Liam's crook of neck as if that would  hide my embarrassment.