Chapter 1 : Games (PROBLEM)

Tell me, tell me baby
Why can't you leave me
'Cause even though I shouldn't want it
I gotta have it
I want you you you
Problem, Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea
*
*
*
Megan's gif above 💗

Present
I looked at them, eyes wide, mouth slightly open and one eyebrow raised.
"Repeat, please? ", I asked.

They looked at each other before my dad began again, " We would like you to get married, Ashley. ", then he again looked at mom, who gave me an apologetic look and said, "to Liam. "

"I'm sorry kiddo. ", my dad said with his head down, as if afraid to look me in the eyes. I saw that many lines had formed on his face. I felt bad. Very bad.

" It's okay dad. But I don't want to get married. I mean, not right now. It's been only six months that I've joined the company . I want to get established first. ", I tried to reason out with fake excuses.

" I know Ashley. But let's be honest, with the effects of diabetes kicking in, I really don't know if I'll be able to live ten more years from now, sweetheart. "
My eyes widened in horror, "What?! "

My mother began, "Yes, Ashley. We went to the doctor last month because your father had these chest pains every once in a while. You were in London at that time for your internship. We didn't want to tell you as we knew you were really busy and would get worried. I mean, it's your first job and all".
My father gave me a sad smile and said," I wouldn't want to die without seeing my daughter all settled down, married and yes, I would like to be a grandad too", he joked and gave a sad smile.
Tears welled up in my eyes by this time.
" And I don't see where the problem is Ashley, " my mother began in a stern tone, "It's Liam. We are not marrying you off to some unknown person. You two have know each other since high school days. Both our families have know each other for a long time too. I mean, you both were in a relationship. So why can't you marry him now? You  two did break up but it was just because of the long distance. Look Ashley, Liam's father, Derek has proposed this marriage to your father, knowing that this proposition is reliable and will help to nurture the bonds that we share. And moreover, both Derek and Natasha have been nothing but good to you. We've talked about the situation with them already. I'm sure Liam doesn't have a problem. I clearly don't see where the problem is for you, Ashley. ", she sighed.

I wish you knew the truth mom. I wish you knew it. I stole a look at my father. His eyes had become glassy. My parents must be crazy if they thought that I was going to marry Liam. But it was my father whom I couldn't defy. Me and him were the definition of 'father-daughter' relationship. I was quite proud as well.

Okay. So I guess this is it.Gosh!Why me?
I sighed and cleared my throat. Their heads snapped towards me and mom looked at me expectingly.
" I'll think about it ", I said and stood up.
"Thanks kiddo. Liam is a good guy. ", my dad said with a small smile. I mentally scoffed at his last sentence and left the room.
Back in my room, I jumped on my bed, falling face first, ignoring the slight pain in my nose due to it.

The game is beginning Ash. The game is beginning again. I better be ready for it this time. Cause Liam clearly has a motive behind it if he's 'okay' with the marriage proposal. I need to be careful.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
So that was chapter one for you.
HOW WAS IT?? *WIGGLES EYEBROWS *
Okay? Not okay? Okay.
It's a bit short. I know. Sorry :3
But more is coming on its way 😊
Next update, Next Week.
Don't forget to colour that star orange and share this story,
please?
695 words

. Books or movies?

THANK YOU
GOD BLESS YOU
Love you,
Candy 💗