Her Special Request

Comincia dall'inizio

But then, he walked into her life.

It was the second week of school - and Byulyi had spent the first week keeping a low profile, talking to people only if necessary, eating lunch alone... but then that came to a halt immediately when Seokjin placed his food tray opposite her at lunch and took a seat. "No one's sitting here, right?"

Byulyi shook her head, but was obviously taken aback by Seokjin's sudden action.

"Your name's Byulyi, isn't it?" Seokjin said as he stuffed his mouth with a spoonful of rice. "Haven't really seen you participate that much in class."

Byulyi smiled politely, instantly becoming more self-conscious at once. He knew her? "I... I just don't like attention a lot..."

"Why though?" Seokjin exclaimed, taking a sip of banana milk before continuing. "You're so pretty, why wouldn't you want attention?"

Byulyi caught herself blushing, but she couldn't deby she was kind of enjoying talking to Seokjin. "No, I'm not."

"Hey, look-" Seokjin said seriously. "I know I'm handsome, so I admit it. And you're pretty, so just be honest about it!"

Byulyi laughed out loud. And she had realised that that was her loudest laugh since the year had started.

So... that was how they became best friends. But from that day onwards, everyday was a new surprise for Byulyi. She knew he was confident, but didn't know how kind he was until she saw him race across the road to help an old lady. She knew he was kind, but didn't know what a good friend he was until he pulled an all-nighter with her just to help her with the work she had missed when she was sick.

Sure, he had his own weaknesses, but his positive attributes overwhelmed his weaknesses. Seokjin was a great guy and overtime, Byulyi couldn't stop herself from falling for him.

But Byuyi knew that all this was pointless. There were times when Seokjin did so much for her she felt like he was finally seeing her as a woman, but seeing how he treated everyone else, there wasn't much of a difference. He was simply treating her nice because... he was nice. But she just couldn't help but fall for him.

Byulyi sighed as the two of them disappeared round the corner.

Having a one-sided crush was so hard.

~

"Byulyi."

Byulyi looked up, surprised to see Jisoo standing in front of her table after she had returned from the nurse's office with Seokjin. "Hey, Jisoo. What's up?"

Jisoo smiled, leaning closer so that only two could hear them since Taehyung wasn't in his seat. "Um... Can I talk to you for a second?"

Confused, Byulyi nevertheless stood up and followed Jisoo out of the classroom. "What's wrong?"

Jisoo smiled shyly, looking around making sure that no one was in the vicinity. "I know this may sound a bit direct... and you really don't need to answer me if you don't want to but... you like Seokjin, don't you?"

Byulyi felt her heart beat faster as she panicked internally. How was she going to answer this? Admit it? Deny it? And why on earth did Jisoo want to know? "Sorry- what?"

"I said... you have a crush on Seokjin, right? I was watching the way you reacted earlier when Seokjin and I fell down together and... well, you didn't look too happy."

"Oh- no!" Byulyi laughed, waving her hands in denial, before she had even realised what she was doing. "I was just taken aback by the sudden motion I couldn't really process what was happening. Seokjin is literally like... the last person I would have a crush on."