"Chapter 4: The Sleeping Knights"

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes. As I was laying in my bed. Even though i managed to not remember the images... my eyes still shed out tears. "Damnit...." I only sad there crying.

I received a message from Kazuto and Asuna, seemed like they were worried. I texted them what happened and put my phone away.

"Seriously... What have I got myself into..." I looked at the ceiling being all worn out. "Well I should just sleep soon..." as I got up getting myself ready for bed."

-next morning-

I logged myself in a bit earlier than discussed. The only person who were here already Aiko and Yuuki.

"Good morning Y/N!" Yuuki called me out.

"Morning you two" I replied.

"Did you managed to get some rest?" Aiko seemed still worried about yesterday.

I nodded and smiled "Yeah I am fine, thanks though." I took a seat.

"We have decided to take the boss on floor 35. Since it's still a hard one to beat." Yuuki leaned forward to me.

"Alright but I won't be the main damage dealer cause my high level. It wouldn't be effective for the guild to get stronger like this, that's why I will act as a supporter for now" I explained the fact to the two.

Both girls nodded at me "Makes sense after all." Aiko agreed on my decision.

"Alright then let's start as soon the other are getting here." Yuuki seemed fiesty today. I only giggled on her behaviour.

Within the same hour. The other members came on and joined as we head to the boss room on floor 35

I looked at the big gate, remembering the first time in Sao against a boss. Spacing off.

"Y/N?" I heard Yuuki calling out for me. I turned at her and smiled "I am fine. Let's beat the boss." I opened the door. As there was Minotaur standing in the middle.

"That is..." I looked forward seeing that the minotaur was familiar. Then my memories came back "The gleam eyes.."

Being shocked for a bit, I didn't realised that the other guild member went already in for charge. "Let's hurry up Y/N!" Yuuki rushed to the Minotaur as Aiko followed her littel sister.

I rushed in, trying to counter the gleam eyes strikes. "(It's like at floor 74....the same pattern...)" even though it was massive I didn't struggled to fend him off.

While I fend of the gleam eyes attacks, the other Members took the opportunity to strike. Yuuki and Aiko teaming up together doing a combination attack of strike, magic and healing.

-some time passed-

The Minotaur was soon at his last health bar. He had high defense amour and was suddenly more aggressive. I wasn't prepared for that as i got pushed back.

"Watch out! He changed his battle style now!" Yuuki and Aiko could react to his attacks. Unlike the other members. They took a heavy attack from the gleam eyes and were at a red health bar.

I got angry as i saw my teammates down and almost dead. "Aiko! Help Siune with the healing. Yuuki we take this beast down now." I shouted.

They were shocked by my seriousness and determination. As a former Sao player. You were forced to fight for your life, so it became a habit.

Aiko and Yuuki did as they got told to."Switch!" I swapped places with Yuuki.

Yuuki POV

The Minotaur was a real pain. Even though Y/N was at a higher level. He seemed to struggle, I hear him breathing heavily.

"Don't worry about me...let's finish this" I looked over at him. "Time to finish this battle together, shouldn't we?" he gave me a smile. He enjoyed the battle. "Yuuki. I got everyone healed. Let's go for the final attack" the other member battle screamed. Even Nee-san was determined to finish this boss.

"Yes!" I answered as charge at the Minotaur. "Switch" I swapped with
Y/N and started my 11-hit combo. Everyone attacked the Minotaur at the same time as he had the smallest amount of health left.

The Minotaur road as he swung the sword around and pushing everyone back. I tried to block but lost my sword out of my grip and fell down. "Ahh!" I saw just how the Gleam eyes was about to give me the final blow. "YUUKI" everyone screamed.

I closed my eyes and preparing for the worst.

-slash-

I heard something. I opend my eyes and witnessed someone standing infront of me taking the hit. "Y/N!!" He lost his left arm. "Nghh..." I saw how he still stood as his health rapidly keeps dropping. The Gleam eyes then went for the next attack but...

"DROP DEAD ALREADY!!" Y/N jumped at the gleam eyes. Giving him the final strike as he sliced the front up. The minotaur was deafeded but...

"Y/N, are you alright?!" I ran over to him as he layed on the ground in pain, panting heavily. I saw something popping up on him for a second but it vanished before I took a better look.

Siume and Aikl started to heal Y/N and getting his arm attached. Meanwhile I looked at Y/N wondering why that system call showed up.

"You all did great. Even tho it's a close one" he smiled and looked at me. "Mostly you Yuuki. You gave everything, well done." my face slightly heated up. I almost forgot what I was thinking before. "Ah.. We did it as team so yeah. We all played our part in it."

I swear that Nee-chan was smiling at me. Seeing me all flustered.

-back at the Guilds house-

Everyone was surprised by their level up. The gained alot of EXP. Even I was amazed and jumped up." How is this possible?" I wondered.

"I know how to get the maximum EXP. Out and how to level up fast. It's also a boost skill which I discovered in my ability that the party member and guild gain a big amount of EXP." he explained which I had to produce in my head first to understand.

"That's really OP" they stand up. Thanking him. I smiled. I slwoly like Y/N more and more. He is helpful and very kind. He doesn't let anyone down. I wished I could go out with him in real life.... But... With this illness... I don't think we could be together forever..

I was alone with Y/N. Nee-San and the others left. I was being quiet across of Y/N. He stared at me. "Is something up Yuuki?" I looked at him "W-what do you mean?" I answered nervously.

"You have been spacing out alot now. So I was wondering what you have in mind" he got up and sat down next to me. I swear my heartbeat got 10 times faster but I tried to remain calm.

"Well... I was thinking...How amazing and strong you looked. You were so kind to help us. Even though we didn't know each other before. I feel weird whenever I look at you." I held my hands at my chest. "It gives me a rise in my heart.

Y/N POV

D-did I just got confessed? I could swear that she confessed her feelings towards me. When I think about what she says. I kinda feel the same and I am fascinated by her skills as well. She is also very optimistic and cheerful. I didn't had this much fun in a long time.

"Yuuki....do you understand what you just said to me?" I asked her seriously. She nodded. "Y/N. I know it's sudden but I know you are the right one so please... Would you uhm.? Go out with me?" she tried to avoid eye contact.

I can feel my face heat up but I felt happiness inside me. I then took her hand and guided her face so she looks at me. Maybe this is what I needed in my life." I would be glad to." as I proceed to kiss her on the lips.

Her eyes widend at first but she then held my hand tighter and kissed back as well.

With this we were going out.