Chapter Seventeen

XXXXXXXXX

Chapter Seventeen

XXXXXXXXX

Lauren's POV

Two months later, I walk into the room to see Camila laying on her bed.

She had moved back in and was texting.

"Hi." I said, dumping my backpack on the floor at the end of my bed. I had just come back from my second exam: history.

"Hey." She mumbles, her attention on her phone.

"How did your biology exam go?" I asked, kicking off my shoes and taking off my tie.

She doesn't answer, smiling as she continues texting.

"Camz?" I asked.

"Hmm?" She looks up from her phone for a second before looking back down as it goes off.

"How did biology go?" I repeated.

The younger girl shrugs. "It went fine."

"I heard people saying it was really hard." I said.

She doesn't respond, smiling widely as she texts.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my book off my table. I had an exam in math in three days.

"Hey," Camila suddenly says, causing me to look up, only to see her on the phone.

I shook my head. She's never off her phone these days.

"Hey, who is she on the phone with?" Normani asks quietly, sitting down beside me.

I shrugged. "Not a clue."

Rolling her eyes, Normani pulls out her math book. "She should be studying with us."

I shrugged. "It's her choice."

By the time Camila gets off the phone it's time for us to head to dinner.

I put my book down and stood up, stretching. God, I hate math. It's so boring.

"I'm going to be eating dinner with someone else." Camila says as she gets ready.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Do I have to have a reason?" She asks in confusion.

"I just wondered." I mumbled, looking down.

Nodding, Camila grabs her bag and walks out of the room.

"What's up with her?" Normani asked.

I frowned and shrugged looking down. Is it bad that I miss having all of Camila's attention?

"Let's go get food." Normani said just as her stomach growled.

****

"Who is that?" I ask, frowning in confusion as I watch Camila laugh and talk with a girl at a table across the room.

"That's Lucy. She's in the year above." Normani said.

Rolling my eyes, I turn my attention back to my food. "Why are they all over each other?"

"Maybe they're together." Normani said without thinking.

My eyes widen and I quickly turn to look at Normani. "What? No, she couldn't have gotten over me that fast."

Normani shrugged and put a piece of chicken in her mouth.

"This is annoying." I mumble, pushing my food around my plate.

"Get over it Laur, you were the one who said you didn't like her that way." Normani said.

Groaning, I look up at her. "I don't!"

"Exactly, so don't complain." Normani said.

Biting my lip, I glance back toward Camila, seeing her leaning against Lucy.

"Laur, stop it." Normani said. "Just eat your food and we'll get out of here."

"I'm suddenly full." I mumble under my breath.

"Sure you are." Normani said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Ignoring her, I continue watching Camila with Lucy. I didn't understand it.

Normani continued to eat.

My frown grows even bigger when Lucy turns Camila's head and leans in to kiss her.

"Ignore them." Ally said, she sat down next to Normani while Dinah sat across from her, blocking my view of Lucy and Camila.

Swallowing thickly, I look down at my food.

"Laur, don't think about it." Dinah said.

Nodding my head, I take a deep breath. "I might've lied."

"About?" Dinah asked.

"I do like her, as more than friends." I mumble.

"Are you just saying that because you miss her attention?" Dinah asked.

"I-I don't know." I respond, I honestly didn't know.

"Just Ignore them." Ally said softly.

By the time we've finished eating and head to the room, we walk in and find Camila and Lucy making out on her bed.

"Excuse me!" Dinah said loudly, interrupting their make out session.

Camila pulls away and looks toward Dinah while Lucy begins attacking her neck.

"If you're going to do that, find somewhere else." Normani said.

I turned away and left the room. I wanted to go see Dixon anyway.

****

Two weeks later

"Hey, wanna go on a ride with me?" Camila asks as we walk toward the barn.

I turned to look at her. "Don't you want to go with Lucy?"

Camila shrugs and smiles softly. "She's not you."

"But you're dating her." I said.

"I am, she only rides during lessons and competitions." She says as we reach the barn.

"That's not good." I said. "She won't have a proper relationship with her horse."

Camila stops and turns to look at me. "Luce and Rover have an amazing bond with Lucy."

I shrugged. "English horses must be different."

"Anyways, go for a ride with me?" Camila asks.

"Okay." I said.

By the time we were on the horses and riding, Camila was silent and it was bothering me.

"Camz, what's wrong?" I asked.

Looking up, Camila takes a deep breath and runs a hand through her hair. "It's nothing."

"Tell me." I said.

"Lucy wants to take the next step in our relationship." She mumbles.

"What next step?" I asked.

Sighing, Camila pulls Shadow to a stop and looks at me. "Sex."

"Oh." I looked down and pulled Dixon up beside Shadow. "If you aren't ready just be honest with her."

"But that's the thing, she gets upset if I say no." She responds, frowning.

"If she truly loves you, she'll wait." I said.

Camila looks down, shifting nervously on Shadow. "I don't even know what to do."

"Be honest with her." I repeated.

"No, I mean with sex." Camila responds before biting her lip.

"Oh." I bit my lip. "I don't really know what to say." I said honestly.

Sighing, Camila begins moving again. "Forget it."

"Oh." I ran my hand down Dixon's neck.

Camila bit her lip as we continued to ride.