|| Chapter 39 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

It was Monday, the morning after your arrival. Honestly, you couldn't wait to spend some time with your family again, but there were a few priorities here at the castle that you needed to take care of first. Those started the moment you heard a series of knocks at your door: "I'm barging in.~"

Camilla entered after having hummed that and looked around your room. You made some space for her on your bed. "What brings you here so early in the morning?" You questioned playfully, raising a brow slightly and flashing the caramel haired girl a small smirk. "I guess you could call it good news?"

Camilla had her hands behind her back and an innocent-looking grin plastered over her face, but she never told what she meant by good news. Not until you insisted: "What's the holdup? Come on, tell me already!~"

"Guess who got elected for the princess position!" Instead of making it a question, Camilla directly turned it into an exclamation as she jumped in the air a few times. You brought the palm of your hand to your mouth and covered it, soon joining your best friend in the jubilation. "Really? I'm so happy for you!"

You proceeded to tackle the caramel haired female into a tight hug as you were spinned around by her. The volume you were talking and rejoicing in was a bit high which resulted in attracting the attention of the people in the rooms neighboring you. "What's all the fuss? More like, why wasn't I invited?"

Doni and following right behind him were Aaron and his Lucario who all soon stood at the entrance of your room, looking at you and your best friend with a slightly confused expression. Until Camilla told them as well and they joined in on the little celebration as well. Doni joined in full-power, Aaron was happy for her of course and expressed it a bit more 'normally' while Lucario remained the most composed.

"Do you know when the coronation will be held?" Doni asked genuinely excited as he wanted to hug Camilla just as much as you currently were but had to hold himself back in order to share her with you - or that's how he put it in his head.

The chestnut brown eyed girl nodded, still smiling as the two of you slowly let go of each other and gave one another some space. "It will be held the same day of the festival next Sunday." The small crowd proceeded to congratulate Camilla and wish her the best in all sorts of ways until the female mentioned another thing: "Oh yeah I almost forgot! This isn't the only thing I came to tell you guys.~"

"The Queen told me to start thinking about who I should assign classy positions to. You know like, who should be my royal advisor, my right hand man... those things." Camilla stated and clapped her hands together before flashing you all short glances. "So could I borrow you guys for a little?"

"Sure! I mean, I doubt we have anything smarter planned for today." You replied on behalf of the others as well and almost immediately before looking at them and waiting for their approval. Oddly enough, Lucario didn't complain and so you received the okay from all three of them. "Perfect! Now I only need to go get the others-..."

Camilla was about to rush out of the room when you grabbed her wrist suddenly, almost making the girl lose her balance and trip. Once you had her attention, your eyes travelled from Doni back to her whom you grinned at: "Aaron and I will go get the others and wait for you in the meeting hall, so you take your time!~"