Chapter 45: A Lead

*Y/n POV*

I walked back into the hotel, with Darkrai and Cresselia behind me. I collapsed on the couch, groaning in pain.

"Arceus damn," I said, "I hate that dude."

"Mind telling us what that was?"

I turned and saw Yang and everybody else. There was a massive hole in the wall.

"Oh, hey guys," I said, "Yeah, Grimm came back."

"We noticed." Blake said.

"Good news, I know how we can find a way to Salem's Castle." Darkrai said, "But we need to find some people."

"Who are you talking about?" Ruby asked.

"We need to find Cinder," I answered, "And Grimm can lead us to her."

There was silence throughout the room, as everybody weighed their options. But it was clear we had no choice.

"I mean, we have to." Yang said.

"Not like there's any other option." Jaune finished.

"Well then, we should get a move on," I said, "Grimm will be coming soon, and I want to prepare."

[Timeskip]

*Darkrai POV*

Neo and I walked out of the hotel, as everybody slept. We walked down the street, as she wrapped her arm around mine.

We walked into an empty part of town, which was usually full of criminals. I lead us into an alley, where there was a single wooden door.

Neo walked up to it and knocked on it with a certain timing: tap tap, tap, tap tap tap.

A small slot on the door opened up, revealing a pair of eyes. He looked at us.

"You two again?" He said, "What do you need this time?"

"Info."

"What type?"

"Any."

"Of what?"

"Not what, who," I corrected, "Cinder Fall."

He went silent, and then his eyes disappeared. A slot further down on the door opened up, wider. A manila folder was slid through, and I grabbed it. The slot shut, and the eyes reappeared.

"There's all you need," He said, "Now leave me alone."

<What do we owe you?> Neo typed and showed him.

"Nothing," He said, "Even I want to see that bitch taken down."

"Why?"

"She's bad for business," He said, "Who would want info if we're all going to be mauled by Grimm?"

"Good point," I observed, "See ya around."

"See ya."

Neo hopped onto my back, and I gave her a piggyback ride, as we headed back to the hotel.