Chapter 60: God Among Gods

*Third Person POV*

Y/n walked out of the portal, licking a red substance off his lips. He fixed his scarf and jacket, dusting them off, and walked towards the rest of his group of friends.

"Hello everyone," He said, "Miss me?"

"Y/n!"

"Babe!"

Y/n was immediately tackled to the ground, as Yang and Blake jumped up and hugged him. He returned the hug, grunting through grit teeth.

"Girls, girls," He urged, letting out a pained breath, "Take it easy, I'm still recovering."

"Alright you two," Darkrai said, "Let the man breathe."

After the two girls had stood up off his chest, Darkrai leaned down to help Y/n up. Y/n grabbed his hand and hoisted himself up, before Darkrai hugged him.

"You had me worried old man," He said. hugging his father tight, "Thought I lost you."

"Don't worry buddy, he had no chance against me!" Y/n laughed.

The two let go of each other, and walked towards the others, who had set up a small campsite. Cresselia was the next to run up to Y/n, wrapping her arms around his neck tightly. Y/n caught her and spun her around, as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Daddy," She cried into his shoulder, "I was so worried about you."

"Don't worry my little moon," He whispered back in a calm, soothing voice, "I'm never going to leave you."

The father and daughter released each other from the embrace, and returned to the camp. The moon was slowly rising into the starry sky, as Y/n sat beside Reshiram and Zekrom, poking at the fire with a stick.

"Umm, Y/n?"

"Yes, Reshiram?"

"Well," Reshiram said quietly, "What... what did you... do to Kyurem?"

Y/n looked over to the two strange twins who were apparently his biggest fans, and laughed, "Your brother is fine, if you're asking."

"Wait, what!?" Zekrom yelled in surprise, "How'd you find out he's our brother?!"

Y/n let out a loud, very old-man-like laugh, "He told me. After I managed to get him settled down, he and I had a very insightful conversation with each other."

Y/n looked up to the sky, leaning back and sipping his beer.

"I sympathize with the guy," He sighed, "Being punished by your family for something you couldn't completely control. Tale as old as time. Literally."

Reshiram looked at the sky, seeing the stars twinkling above her. She was having an internal struggle with herself, and finally decided to do what she was best at, making terrible decisions without thinking. That's how they got here.

"I want to meet him."

"Huh?" Y/n said, "You sure?"

"Are you crazy?!" Zekrom yelled, "He's a monster! He's insane!"

"But he's our brother!" She retorted, "And if he wants a second chance, we should give it to him!"

Reshiram, ignoring her brother, turned to Y/n. He looked her in the eyes, seeing a fiery passion burning behind them.

"Can I go and meet him?" She asked, "Or can you set something up?"

"He's in the Distortion World," Y/n replied, taking a swig, "I'm not taking you there, but I can bring him back. Just let me speak to him first."

"Thank you Y/n," She said, "You don't know what this means to me."

"And you don't know what it means to him."

Reshiram turned to him in shock, but Y/n was completely ignoring her, looking to the sky. He seemed to be deep in thought, and she went back to sitting next to her brother.

'What would've happened if we had someone like Reshiram back when we fought, Arceus?' He thought, 'What if we thought more like her? Maybe we never would've fought at all? Perhaps... I'd be able to proudly join you and the rest of the legendaries."