11|| Divulging the Disguised.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Th-they were b-brave! They ref-fused to s-succumb to dark-kness. I am p-proud of them!" Rosalind sputtered through loud sobs, completely losing control of herself and collapsing to the ground. Tom wanted to dash towards her so bad, but he chose to remain a secret observer.

"You are as foolish and disgusting as them. You have until the end of the school year, after May 2nd. The dark lord would like me to personally recruit you to his headquarters," Vandalov drawled, towering over her crumpled figure on the floor of the Astronomy Tower.

"May 2nd? M-my birthday? You want me to be of legal age, don't you?" Rosalind sniffed, managing to calm herself a little bit.

"You are quite as clever as they claim you are. Good analysis, sunshine. Now excuse me, I want to spend the rest of the night with your lovely friend." Vandalov winked before turning around, heading to the exit, when he halted his steps immediately.

Tom would've thought that Vandalov had spotted him, although he didn't feel threatened in the slightest, even with the Bulgarian's bulky figure.

"Oh and by the way, don't you dare attempt to escape your mother or warn her. Our dear Samantha will always be on the watch, even murdering your beloved mother when ordered to." Zhelyazko continued his way outside the Astronomy Tower, as Rosalind broke down in sobs once more.

Tom took this as his cue to reveal himself, as he stepped forward from his hiding position.

"What are you doing here?" Rosalind glared at him loathingly between her heart-wrenching sobs. There was no way back now, Tom Riddle knew everything.

She was still on floor, and Tom kneeled down in front of her.

"It's been such an eventful night," The Slytherin boy said, unsure in what way could he sooth her and discuss the matter he just heard at the same time.

But his inner contemplation was interrupted when Rosalind did something she would totally regret after only a few moments.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a warm embrace of tears, cinnamon and citrus. She felt a strange relief while she cried into his shoulder. There was finally someone that knew of her tragic past, she didn't have to carry the whole burden on her shoulders. But would that person actually support her or would he use the newfound information against her?

Tom Riddle did nothing but stiffen in surprise as he struggled to balance himself on his tiptoes, being in the kneeling position.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, Rosalind crying and Tom –extremely– awkwardly patting her on the back. He didn't have any idea on comforting people, since he didn't ever do that before; or maybe didn't need to do that to someone before.

Tom couldn't help but selfishly think that his plan had fallen into place in one way or another. He was able to find everything he wanted so easily, and he could now use that to convince Rosalind. He knew she would be an extremely important Knight.

***

"Come on, Bonaccord. Let me escort you to the Ravenclaw common room," Tom muttered after a few minutes of complete silence.

They were now seated across from eachother. Her beautiful dress was spread on the floor of the Astronomy Tower due to her position, and her face was stained with tears and smudged make up.

Tom had never seen her in such a state. She was always the fierce, invincible and powerful witch that wouldn't so much as shed a tear. This case was different, for Rosalind had been sobbing for nearly an hour.

"There's no need for that. I can go by myself," Her voice was hoarse and her throat was sore, due to the long time spent crying.

"I insist," Tom replied, getting up to his feet. He handed her a handkerchief from his pocket when she sniffled and wiped her face with her hands.

"Thanks," Rosalind mumbled as she ignored Tom's offered hand and stood up by herself.

He scowled at her before he gestured towards the exit of the Tower.

They walked silently and gracefully to the Ravenclaw tower, avoiding tipsy teenagers and loud groups. Rosalind tried her best to hide her face beneath the curtain of blonde waves, for she didn't really want anyone to see her in such a state.

Especially Tom Riddle, who was alas the only one to know and witness completely everything.

By the time they reached the spiral, exhausting stairs of the Ravenclaw tower, Tom decided that it was okay to leave her at that.

"Are you sure you are totally composed?" Tom Riddle asked, indirectly making sure she's okay.

"I am," Rosalind grumbled, staring at her feet uncomfortably.

She was so unlike herself that night. Tom was surprised she didn't come up with a witty response or even roll her eyes.

"Shall we meet tomorrow by the Great Hall after dinner? We have very important matters to discuss," He asked, glancing at the blonde french mischievously.

This time, Rosalind couldn't hold back the scoff as she rolled her eyes at his ignorance.

"Very well then, Riddle. You know I don't have much of a choice," She retorted, glaring at the Slytherin Prefect.

"Indeed you don't. Need I mention the newfound information of your tragic past," He murmured feigning innocence, causing Rosalind's blood to boil in her veins. How could he be so careless and heartless?

"Goodnight Riddle." She said rather angrily as she stomped off to the common room, hearing a faint "Goodnight" when she disappeared around the stairs.

Rosalind tried her best to replace the fancy dress quickly with a comfortable night dress. She snuggled in her soft blanket trying hard to forbid her brain from straying to the events of her night.

She drifted off to a nightmarish sleep immediately from her exhaustion and sorrowness, with only one thing on her mind: Samantha the bitch.