Advent Calendar - Dec 04

*Picture Sourc: http://santas--baby.tumblr.com/post/168655052217/i-wrapped-presents-today*

Words: 665
A/N
: not a shout out to my dog, he would get one, but he destroyed the calendar my best friend made me and ate all the sweets, and I'm still kinda sad

"I might be a 'grown-up', but, god help me, I still can't wrap a book properly," Frank sighed and disappointedly leant back against the sofa.

You raised your eyebrows and glanced at the mess of wrapping paper, scotch tape and ribbons that was somewhat strategically placed around the big () which Frank and you had chosen as a Christmas present for his father this year. You could not help but giggle at the sight, and especially Frank's despaired expression.

"You don't say," you laughed and finished tying the bow on the wrapping of the wine bottle for your boss at work.

Frank rolled his eyes at you and let his head fall backwards so he was staring at the ceiling.

"Can't we just put it into these gift bags? You know, these shiny red or green ones," he complained, again glancing at his failed attempt of wrapping the book.

"That's boring," you argued. "Tearing wrapping paper open will always be more fun than just pulling out something out of a bag."

Frank hummed in approval and sat back up, watching you carefully as you started cutting some paper to wrap the little plushy in, which you had gotten for your goddaughter.

"How do you do that," he wondered, staring at the stack of neatly wrapped gifts that started to pile up next to you, "this looks super professional."

You laughed and looked over to the wrapped presents. Indeed it almost looked like in one of these Christmas movies that always painted such a happy and relaxing picture of Christmas, far from what you were going through at the moment. Most of the packages were either self-made cookies for your colleagues at work, some DIY table lanterns for a few distant friends and relatives and a few crochet stars for Frank's and your grandparents.

"Come on, let me help you with that," you offered and put the plushy aside, instead pulling the mess of Frank's attempt over to you.

Fascinated he watched as your fingers skillfully went to work on the heavy book, and just a few seconds later the red and green paper tightly wrapped around the cover, the edges were smooth and there was not a single crinkle in the paper.

"Do you want to do the ribbon," you offered, handing the book back to Frank.

"And ruin your wonderful work? No way," he exclaimed, raising his hands in defense.

"Don't you dare thinking I'm gonna do all the work on my own, Frank Anthony Iero! You do the ribbon," you demanded.

"Why did I marry you again," he sighed, but took the book out of your hands, a grin playing around his lips.

"Pure malice," you answered and winked at him.

He would have almost dropped and ruined the expensive book, so quickly he put it aside and tackled you in a hug, pushing you over and barely missing the heap of wrapped presents. He crashed his lips against yours in a passionate kiss, but pulled away before you even had the chance to kiss him back.

"This was malice," he grinned, proud of your reddening cheeks and the look in your eyes that clearly told him that you were longing for more.

"You are an ass, Iero," you stated and pouted, resisting the urge to crawl over to him and beg him for more kisses; you would not let him win this.

"I know, and that's why you love me," he claimed, settling back onto the carpet.

"Who said I love you? I too married you out of malice," you giggled, taking the plushy back into your lap.

"Oh really? I didn't know," Frank laughed, "I always assumed you just couldn't live without me."

You looked over at him, and the way he had managed to tie a very crooked bow on top of the wrapped book. Your eyes locked with his and you both grew quiet, smiling at each other, knowing that really neither of you could live without the other.