Pete Wentz x Reader - Dancing

Request: more pete x readers, please

Word count: 1 974

It was not like this was the first prom your school was holding, nor was it the first prom you would attend, but for some, inexplicable, reason the teachers had decided that each student should take several dancing lessons. And so you found yourself in the sports hall, standing lined up between all the other student, anxiously watching the teachers introduce you to the basics of dancing. So far everything seemed easy; right foot step forward, left foot step sideward, right foot next to left foot. That was the beginning. Truth be told, you were not so worried about the dancing. Dancing seemed pretty easy. The bigger problem would be the partner. You were not the most popular student in school, luckily not the least popular one either, but still you ended up being last when teams were chosen and a knot in your stomach told you that when it would be time for pairing up, you would remain last. What would the teachers do? Let you watch from the side? Force you to dance with one of them?

You were torn out of your thoughts as the teachers started to explain the second half of the dance move. You realized that you were basically dancing around a little square on the floor and before you had even finished the thought, the 'figure' was introduced as the box step, the simplest version of the waltz.

"Now everyone, pair up," one of the teachers announced with a clap, proud at how few mistakes had been made by the students.

Everyone around you started moving and five seconds later everyone around you had found a partner. Secretly you had hoped that someone, preferably Pete Wentz from English class, would come up to you, but of course that had not happened. Lost and a little hurt you looked around, meeting the eyes of the other students, who seemed either to think it was funny you were left alone as usual, or pitied you.

"Anyone without partner?"

The voice of the teacher almost sounded mocking to you as you raised your hand. How much you wished to just be able to run away and forget the embarrassing moment no one had come up to you. The teacher sighed deeply at your risen hand. Too familiar was he with you ending up alone.

"(Y/n), come over here," he commanded.

You followed his order with hanging head, expecting to be set on the bleachers. But he only pointed to another student who had no partner either and had been hidden behind other people. The boy was not that tall, had dark hair and big, brown eyes, rimmed with black eyeliner. It surprised you that Pete of all people was the only other one left without partner. You had always had the feeling that he was popular with the girls, so you wondered why none of his usual 'fans' had asked him to dance with them, but then again, you would not complain.

"Okay, everyone got a partner now? Great," the teacher continued. "I want you all to stand in front of each other now, take your partners hands, so you have a bit of distance between you. This is for practice only, later we're going to use the real posture."

Carefully you glanced at Pete, uncertain what to do. He seemed to be a lot more self-confident in this matter and shot you one of his breathtaking smiles before extending both hands to you, just as the teachers had shown you. You could not help the moment of hesitation. Maybe it would really be for the best if you ran away now. Pete seemed to pick up on your insecurity and shot you a questioning glance. Damn, you really wanted to dance with him. For ages you had been wondering what his hands felt like and what it would be like to be close to him. Why were you hesitating now?

When Pete got no reaction from you, and everyone else was holding their partner's hands already, he simply leant forward and quickly grabbed yours, shooting you an apologetic smile.