Patrick Stump x Reader - The Red Dress

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
female
Word
count: 2 845
A/N:
Okay, so I wrote this more than a year ago, long before I started this account. I was feeling pretty shitty and the thing in the lecture (as in the story) had just happened, so I kinda wrote this for myself, playing around with the idea of what would happen if I met this guy in a few years and how I would love for someone to come and rescue me from that situation. The whole first half of the story is true, so you actually get to learn a little about me. Sorry I couldn't come up with something new on the spot, but I don't feel so good lately and need to get a little more routine with writing again.

When you bought the red dress made out of soft, dark, stretching fabric, you tried to fit in with the crowd, tried to please. You were an outsider and the only friends you had were with you because you were all equally scared of being bullied. It was not like you were standing out especially; you had long, nice hair, mostly wore jeans and a nice shirt with a cardigan and a scarf and were trying not to draw any attention to yourself. The wine-colored dress was for the Saturday evenings when you went dancing. It was not a kind of disco, it was a dancing school where you had learned dances like the waltz and cha-cha. Every week there was this 'dance-party' where students could train the things they had learned while dancing to pop music and blinking lights. That's where you first met him. He had a beautiful face and you recognized him from school. You knew he was one of the outsiders as well, a science nerd, completely obsessed with physics and he definitely knew how to dance.

You did not talk to him until a few weeks later, but he was shy, almost rude and you knew that you had gotten yourself into terrible trouble by falling for someone like him. You were basically obsessed with him. You tried not to show it, but it probably was obvious. To everyone but him. You made sure to wear the red dress as often as possible, you knew you looked good in it, and you hoped you would catch his eye. After a while you made friends in the dance school too. You liked them, even though they picked on you a lot. And suddenly he was part of your group of friends too. He was still shy, rude, barely talked and never danced with you, but you got a feeling that you two got closer.

You were an interested person, always eager to learn, so you asked him a lot about physics. Over time he talked more to you, told you more about himself and you would almost go as far as to say that you became friends.

And then he went to college while you were still in high school. You did not see him for half a year, until he announced that he would come to the get together of your clique before Christmas. At that point you were convinced you were not in love with him anymore, but got proven wrong the moment he walked into the restaurant at which everyone was meeting. During the holidays you and your friends, him included went dancing almost every evening, and for the first time in your life you danced with him. He was a better dancer than you could have ever expected and you noticed how you had an effect on him, which made you feel more confident around him.

And then the holidays were over. You felt like you were almost a couple, only a few times meeting him more, and you would have a realistic chance, but there were no more meetings.

The last time you met with him and your friends before he left for college again, he danced a lot with you, but as the evening progressed, he started to sit around more, wanted to dance less, talked less and stared more into his phone. You were angry and let him feel that, but he did not understand what was wrong. After that he never answered your texts or calls.

When you eventually got to college you had almost forgotten about him, even though there was still that dark hole that he left behind.

And in college you made friends, real friends who were not only there so none of you would get bullied, or picked on you the whole time, because no matter how hard you tried to fit in, you still did not. You were happy, the hole in your chest slowly grew back together.