Gerard Way x Reader - A Daring Choice

Requested on Tumblr
Reader:
female
Word
count: 3 088

Hot air blew over your face as you rode your bike down the street. Merciless afternoon sun burnt down on you, making the air over the street flicker. It had been this hot for weeks, months even. Since late May there had been no single drop of rain, turning green fields and well-tended gardens into desserts. The streets were abandoned, no cars, no people, not even a stray cat. The only human you saw was a boy on his bike who threw thin magazines with advertisements into people's front gardens.

You rearranged the bag you had strapped onto your carrier, making sure it would not fall of, before you turned the next corner. It was eerily silent, the only sounds being the rustling of the wind in the dry, brown leaves and a few insects buzzing through the heat.

Luckily it did not take very much longer until you had reached your best friend's house. You recognized the two cars that were parked in the drive way, and jumped off the bike, pushing it towards the garage. You could not remember for how long you had had keys to Frank's home. Probably for as long as you knew him. You had hit it off right away and he insisted on you using his home like it was your own, so you felt no shame when you unlocked the garage and pushed your bike in. After you had closed the gate again, you wandered over to the front door, ringing the bell. Yes, you had keys, but since Frank had invited you over, you wanted to announce you had arrived.

Just seconds later you heard footsteps behind the door, then it flung open, revealing your friend. Frank was dressed in swim trunks that went down to his knees, and water dripped out of his black hair to his shoulders, running down his chest.

"You made it," he cheered, grabbing your wrist and pulling you inside, "Gerard was already worried you had forgotten about us."

You laughed nervously and quickly hugged Frank. It was a well-known secret amongst the five of you that Gerard and you had a thing for each other, it just never was the right time to talk about that to him. By now the others were not even subtle with their hints anymore.

"Sorry I'm late," you apologized and followed Frank into the living room where you threw your bag next to the other bags.

"Don't worry, want something to drink," he asked, strolling further into the house.

"Yes, please."

"Coke or sprite," he shouted from the kitchen while you searched for your swim suit in your bag.

"Sprite's fine," you shouted back. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom to change!"

You walked back out into the hallway and into the small guest bathroom from there. It was just big enough for a shower, the toilet and a small sink, but you just wanted to have some privacy while changing, so you did not need much space anyway. A few moments later you took a look at yourself in the mirror over the sink. It was a new swimsuit, one that you had actually bought only for this afternoon. You remembered vividly how the shop assistant had asked if you needed help and you had honestly told him you were looking for something to impress a guy with. His eyes had lit up and he had nodded enthusiastically at your words, pulling out a beautiful red swimsuit from one of the clothing racks. 'He won't be able to take his eyes off you' he had said. But now you doubted your bold move. It really was a very beautiful piece the red color perfectly contrasting your skin, the tiny pattern giving structure to the fabric, the cut perfectly accentuating all the desirable features while hiding the undesirable ones, but it felt too... sexy for you. You felt like you could not pull it off. Maybe you should just quickly go back home and get one of the old swimsuits?

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, making you jump.

"Did you drown in the toilet," Frank asked from the other side of the door.