Patrick Stump x Reader - Annoying Vines

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: I had to start watching old vines for this because I know literally nothing about them, so... have fun watching me struggle with this request :)
Word
count: 1 463

Sitting on a slightly worn out couch at late afternoon, watching vines with your best friend was probably not on the list of things you thought you would do as a grown up when you were a kid. But there you were, laptop on the 'new' coffee table you had bought a month ago on a rummage sale. Joe was toppling over in laughter while you hid behind your hands, spying through your fingers to still be able to see the screen.

"What the shit," Joe wheezed, barely able to breath.

"Watch the profanities," you breathed, making him laugh even harder.

The vine ended and the next one started loading, when you suddenly heard the front door opening.

"Oh hey Patrick," you greeted your boyfriend, who entered the small house you shared.

"Hello sweetie," he whispered, tip toeing to the couch and placing a kiss your neck, taking a glimpse over your shoulder.

"Nice Doctor Who reference," you winked, turning around to Patrick.

He grinned fondly at you before turning to Joe.

"Hey Joe, what are you guys watching?"

"Just vine," Joe answered, welcoming Patrick with a nod.

"Oh, okay," Patrick seemed slightly disappointed, and turned back to the hallway to take off his shoes.

As much as you and Joe loved watching vines, as little did Patrick know about it. You knew it often got on his nerves when you and Joe made references that he did not understand, but you could not help yourselves, it was simply hilarious. Also you always invited Patrick to join you when you watched vines, but he refused, claiming not to understand the concept and appeal of seven seconds long videos.

You heard Patrick rummaging through the kitchen, but concentrated back on the video.

"That wasn't funny," Joe stated disappointed.

"Nope," you agreed, "but this one is."

You motioned to the screen, giggling at the person in the video.

"Nah," Joe seemed still pretty unimpressed.

"Hey, (y/n), I think we should go shopping if your parents come around for dinner tomorrow. We've got literally nothing left in the fridge," Patrick pipped from the kitchen.

"I thought you went shopping earlier," you turned towards the kitchen, raising an eyebrow at Patrick.

"I wrote you a text, saying I don't have time," he defended.

You quickly picked up your phone that rested next to the laptop and checked the notifications.

"Oh, yeah, you did," you agreed, "didn't see it, sorry."

Patrick shrugged and disappeared back into the kitchen, doubtlessly to raid the shelves for the last crumbs of cereal.

After having watched another five minutes' worth of vines, you turned to Joe.

"I think we should stop here," you told him, "Patrick and I still got some shopping to do if we don't wanna serve some canned beans as dinner to my parents tomorrow." You smiled apologetic.

"Mind if I tag along? I also should buy some food if I don't wanna starve over Sunday," Joe noted and you nodded.

"Sure, I don't mind. Patrick?" Patrick popped his head in the living room. "Can Joe go grocery shopping with us?"