Dallon Weekes x Reader - I Thought You Knew

Request: some more dallon x reader
Word
count: 3060

Dallon always thought he was an amazing actor when it came to hiding his feelings, and you always told him he was not. So why did it come as a surprise to him when you asked him why he was so down lately?

You sat on the steps in front of a fountain, relaxing in the warm sunshine and listening to the calming rushing of water behind you, while you were having a sandwich baguette, today with salad and parmesan. Dallon next to you had preferred pizza over baguette and was enjoying the extra cheese immensely. Getting lunch together was a must on the days Dallon spent in the Studio. You worked in an office downtown, so you only had limited time for catching up with your best friend, and lunch together was a perfect opportunity.

Yet today something seemed off. Honestly, something had seemed off for a while now, and in the beginning you had wondered if he just had a bad day, a bad week maybe. But today he was as talkative as a stone and radiated as much joy as the plaque.

"Everything okay with you," you asked worried, gently nudging his shoulder with yours.

Dallon stared at his pizza for a moment, suddenly flinched and looked up at you.

"Sorry?"

"If you are okay, I asked," you repeated patiently, brows furrowed as you watched your friend's eyes drift into the distance.

"Yeah, 'course," he answered.

"You sure as hell don't sound like it," you answered, taking a bite from the cheese that was standing out at the side of the baguette.

"Just... a lot on my mind," he mumbled, quickly shooting a smile that was supposed to comfort you, but it did not.

"If you wanna talk..." you offered, but Dallon just shook his head.

"Another time maybe," he answered, rolling up another slice of the pizza and taking a huge bite off of the Italian dish.

"I'm there for you, man, " you told him, hoping to get a bit more out of him, but he kept quiet until both of you had finished eating.

~*~

The good thing about your office job was that you had regular working hours. So arriving home at half past six and being able to put your feet up, was one of the luxuries you allowed yourself to enjoy. You were sipping some lemonade, a gift from the neighbors who had made it themselves, and were watching a rather boring crime show, when your phone rang.

You read Dallon's name on the screen and quickly turned off the volume of the tv, picking up the phone.

"Dall, you okay," you asked alarmed. It was unusual for him to call, he either texted you or waited until you saw each other again. Being called by him always implied some emergency.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry," he answered on the other side, "it's just... you offered to talk, so if you have time...?"

"Yes, of course," you sat back down on your couch, turning the tv off completely, "what is it?"

"It's... you know how you've asked me if there is something wrong?"

You nodded, knowing that he could not see you, but you did not want to interrupt him.

"It's... I've had this crush for the longest time now... no, no crush, I'm in love, and... it's weird, I just... it feels like they are so out of reach and I know things could never work out, but I just can't forget them... I... it's pathetic, I know, I'm sorry. Sorry for bothering you, forget that I called, goodnight."