Ryan Seaman x Reader - Nightmares

Requested on Tumblr
Warnings
: nightmare about losing someone
Word
count: 1 122

Heavy rain hit the hood of the coat that you had pulled over your head. It was summer, the trees were green and the bushes blooming, yet it was horribly cold. You pulled your hands into the sleeves of the jacket and pretended not to notice the feeling of hot tears mixing with the ice rain on your cheeks. The writing on the gravestone in front of you was new. The stone was white marble and the letters easily readable even with the rain blurring your view. You bent over, trying to keep in the feeling of breaking apart, a feeling that had been with you for the last week, ever since you had gotten that call that he would never come home. You hugged your chest and your knees gave in. Powerless you sank to the floor, your knees pressing into the cold mud. Suddenly everything started to shake. An earthquake, maybe. But you made no move, too paralyzing was the pain you were in. All you wanted to do was be with him, feel his skin under your fingertips and blow the little strands of blue hair away that always fell into his forehead. But he was gone, he was gone and the ground was shaking and he was still gone...

You bolted up, breathing heavily. You felt drops of sweat run down your neck and something wet and salty dripped on your lower lip, tears. Panic started rising in your chest. He was dead, he was dead and you had been at his funeral. Why was he dead, he could not be dead, please let this be a bad dream...

A hand on your shoulder tore you out of your shocked state. You almost fell out of bed, so fast was your movement as you spun around. Your eyes landed on his face, his worried brown orbs looked at you full of attention and his blue hair was disheveled from sleeping.

"Ryan," you gasped and launched forwards, wrapping your arms around him.

He was there, he was alive, it really had been a nightmare. He was breathing under your hands, you could feel the steady movement against your chest. He was here and he was alive. You let out a shuddering sob of relieve and Ryan quickly wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his lap.

"It was just a bad dream," he cooed in your ear, running his hands through your hair and over your back.

"You were dead," you sobbed, "you were dead and I stood at your grave and it rained and you were dead-"

"No, no, hey, look at me, love, look at me," Ryan gently pushed you away and took your face in his big hands, forcing you to look at him, "I'm right here, you see? I'm alive and I'm fine."

"But you were dead," you could not help the tears that ran down your cheeks. You felt embarrassed and squeezed your eyes shut, hoping it would help to stop the tears. "You were dead and I was alone and... I was alone and... you were... I... I don't wanna be alone, Ryan. Don't leave me alone!"

You leant your head against Ryan's shoulder, crying helpless tears into his shirt. It hurt him, seeing you like this and he knew that at night, when the shadows moved in closer and the darkness drained out all light, nightmares were more vivid than reality. He held you, gently humming into your ear.

"I'm not gonna leave you, I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here. You're not alone, I've got you. Shh, it's gonna be alright, I'm here."

It took a few minutes, but you slowly started to calm down, the adrenaline the nightmare had pumped into your system subsided, and the room started to seem more real than the graveyard with Ryan's gravestone. You opened your eyes, your face still pressed against the side of Ryan's neck. Warm light from the lamp of the nightstand lit up the room. Some brown and some blue locks of his hair dangled into your vision and you tried to concentrate on Ryan's even breathing, on the little noises he whispered into your ear, on the warmth his body spread.

When you pulled back, you felt worn out and your body tension resembled a deflated pool animal. You sunk back into the pillow, slightly shivering from the sweat that was cooling down your body.

Ryan lay down next to you, his fingers gently running over your body, not once loosing contact so you knew he was right there. He pushed his arm under your head and pulled you closer to him so you were lying chest to chest, face to face. His eyes studied yours for a while, then he started placing tiny kisses all over your face; on your forehead, your cheeks, your nose, your lips and your eyelids. He did not stop until you were full on grinning, trying to kiss him back. He giggled and you wished you could always hear that sound. It sounded so pure and innocent and so full of happiness. You sometimes thought that if people were a little more like Ryan, the world would definitely be a better place.

"Thanks for waking me," you said, your eyes searching his.

"What else should I have done, let you suffer through this," he asked, "Never!"

He turned to switch of the lamp on his bedside table that was still illuminating the room, but your hand on his arm stopped him.

"Can we leave the light on," you asked quietly, almost a little scared Ryan would laugh at that. But why should he laugh? He would never laugh at such a request!

"Of course, love," he whispered against the shell of your ear, placing a little kiss there that sounded awfully loud.

"Ew," you giggled and pulled away so you could peck his lips in a short, sweet kiss.

He laughed quietly, causing vibrations in his chest that traveled to yours, making you feel so warm and cared for, so loved and so save.

He pressed his mouth against yours again, a little more firm than before and you let him, melting into the kiss, as the thoughts of him took over your mind completely, pushing away the last memories of the horrible nightmare.

When the urgency in the kiss subsided and sleep eventually claimed your mind, you nuzzled as close to Ryan as possible, breathing him in deeply. His one arm was still resting under your head, the other one was casually draped over your waist. You curled your fingers into the fabric of his shirt and smiled as you closed your eyes, your breath matching his as you both fell asleep.