Ch. 81: Yours

That beauty on my pillow. That holds me in the night. And I will find my strength to untame my mouth. When I used to be afraid of the words. But with you I've learned just to let it out. Now my heart is ready to burst. 'Cause I, I feel like I'm ready for love. And I wanna be your everything and more. And I know every day you say it. But I just want you to be sure. That I'm yours.

Yours- Ella Henderson

-

Dawn P.O.V.

I knew Alice would be pissed. One reason being that I told Reese about the Underground. "Jake's said it was okay." I whisper to Alice once we enter Reese's house.

"You need to learn how to keep secrets better, Dawn." She practically growls at me. There's no point of arguing, so we follow Reese into her living room.

"It was a tough day for me." I defend. I remember I broke down completely, and Jake was so supportive of me letting out my feelings. I wish I can say I feel his support now.

We lounge around in Reese's living room up until my phone begins to ring. Of course it's Jake, and a part of me doesn't want to answer, but I know him too well. He'll continue to be an anusiance, and he will ring me to the ends of time.

"What?" My voice low because I'm not trying to take my friends away from watching this god awful cheesy horror movie we just started ten minutes ago.

"Where are you?" His voice already filled with annoyance and anger when it should be the complete opposite.

"I'm home." I lie.

"You're not, so you better just tell me where you are at now." He snaps at me.

"Don't talk to me like that." I snap right back. Reese and Alice look at me, which causes me to stand in the hallway so I won't be so loud.

"Where are you?" He sighs out once more.

"I'm at Reese's house." I sigh back.

"I'm still training, and I don't want you girls to be left unwatched. I'm sending someone over to watch over you."

"No."

"What do you mean no? I don't give a shit what you say. He's already at your house, but since you're not there, he'll be at Reese's in two minutes."

"Don't act like everything is alright Jake because it's not."

He can't act like our last interaction didn't even happen. The fact he's not even apologizing for his crude remark about my mother's abuse causes me to dig my nails into my palm.

"Dawn you weren't even listening to our con-"

"Bye." I hang up the phone, not wanting to hear his excuses any longer than necessary. He doesn't call back surprising me. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Good because maybe he realizes I need space or bad because he's giving up on me. I don't know what I want from him.

Though Jake spoke to his word because in exactly two minutes, I hear a knock at the door. I'm still in the hallway so I approach the door and open it.

A boy stands to be an inch or two shorter than Jake, still making me eye him up.

"Hello? Uh... are you Dawn?"

There's no point of being nasty to him; he's just following orders. "Yeah." I sigh.

"Dawn, who's there?" Alice asks, as she steps into the hallway.

"Hi, uh, I'm Marcus. He steps forward into the house, causing me to step back from the proximity. "Jake sent me. To a watch you guys over until he is done with training."