Ch. 86: Meet Me In the Hallway

Meet Me In The Hallway- Harry Styles

"I just left your bedroom. Give me some morphine. Is there any more to do? Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door. Hoping you'll come around. Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor. Maybe we'll work it out. I gotta get better, gotta get better."

-

Dawn P.O.V.

"Honey." My mother knocks on my bedroom door. I shut my math textbook and look to her.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"I have something to tell you." She sits on my bed, and that raises my attention that this meeting will not be short.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, I don't how to say this to you lightly, but... your father and I are getting a divorce." I stay silent, waiting for more words to flourish from her, but there isn't any. "How do you feel about that?"

"Great." I surprise her and myself by saying these words. It's a relief that this is now happening. Even if it may be too late.

"You're not at all upset that we are?" Her eyes holding fear and sadness.

"I want you to be happy mom, and the best thing you can do right now is not lie to yourself. You don't love dad the same, just the memor-" I stop for a second, contemplating on my words, and how easy it reflects Jake's feelings towards Serena. Vastly different situations, but still the same process, "You love the memory of him."

"Yeah." She sniffles, wiping a stray tear away. "Sorry, it's just, I'm happy you're being understanding." I nod to her with a small smile, but she doesn't replicate, instead she says, "You should visit him though."

"Dad?" I furrow my brows.

"Yes, Dawn. He's still your dad, and he's all alone in that jail."

"For good reason."

"You didn't feel that way a week ago. Remember me and him both equally to blame of our failed marriage."

I don't solely believe that statement I made earlier last week, but there may be some truth to it. But what my father did was far worst to whatever my mother did.

"I'll see if I can." I avoid eye contact from her, and she sighs from it. She knows not to push it.

"Okay. No rush. At least before Christmas. Also I'm having a girls night with Sharon, and I'm heading out in a few minutes. Do you need money for pizza?"

"No, it's fine. I'll just eat leftovers."

"Okay." She kisses my forehead swiftly, "don't wait up." And with that she's out the house minutes.

.

This space thing with Jake is harder than I thought. Considering he was so against it, I would think he would of called, or texted me- he hasn't.

Don't overthink it. It's nothing too serious.

I'm always one stray away of being completely paranoid.

At this point, I'm lying on my couch with sweats adorn to me and some popcorn. What a lovely night of a Friday. Most people go out with their friend or boyfriend's- not me. Whoopie. I watch reruns of Friends with buttery popcorn at my fingertips.

My door bell rings off multiple times. Half of myself hoping that it could be Jake, but he would just call me.

I get up from my comfortable couch and look through the peep hole.