Ch. 95: Turning Page

Turning Page- Sleeping At Last

"Your love is my turning page where only the sweetest words remain. Every kiss is a cursive line; every touch is a redefining phrase. I surrender who I've been for who you are. For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart."

-

Food consists of meat and cheese, pasta, and candy apples. Nothing seems appealing up until the pizza arrives just as hits 11:30 pm. I'm about to make my plate, until Jake pushes me aside, and takes one of the pizza boxes.

"Hey!" I frown, but he shushes me, "Come on," He murmurs.

Everyone's distracted, and my last look before I sneak up the steps is seeing Alicia twerk on Kevin, and I nearly laugh when Jeff tells them to stop being disgusting in front of Kevin's parents.

"What are you doing?" I ask Jake once we reach the room we slept at last night.

"I wanted it just to be us for the new year because my New Years resolution is to only focus on maintaining our healthy relationship." He says all this as he pulls back the curtain in the room. A balcony is outside, and my curiosity gets the best of me, and I follow behind. The bright lights of San Fran flutter the sky and small fireworks begin to amass the sky. "Bring a few blankets from the couch and the pizza, baby." He commands as he begins to unlatch the door to outside.

I do just that, holding two blankets in one hand and the other, the pizza box. He grabs one of them and lays it down on the concrete. It's a bit chilly out, so I wrap myself with the second blanket. Jake takes the pizza and rests it on the floor.

He sits down, and I follow suit. I rest between his legs; his neck is becoming warm on the top of my head. We begin feasting on the pizza, and my eyes start to grow tired. But I'm forcing myself to stay up. The sky is too beautiful, and the blanket and Jake are too warm to miss this beautiful moment.

I am beginning to hear the chant downstairs. "20, 19, 18, 17..."

"What's your New Years resolution?" He inquires me suddenly. I look up to him, and his lips are plumper than ever.

"10...9...8..."

"To be this peaceful as I am now, for the rest of the year," I say, and I mean it, but I know that won't happen.

He giggles down at me.

"5...4...3...2..1!"

"Happy New Years, Dawn."

"Happy New Years, Jake," I say right before he crashes his lips down to mine.

-

Jake lies next to me, his right hand playing up in the air. The room is warm and dark. He's humming now, a song that I can't place, all I know is I don't want to leave this room, or in fact, this city.

"I wish we can stay in this very moment forever," I mumble against his chest. He squeezes me harder and kisses my hairline briefly. "Wish we could run away." My throat feels like it's going to close up and I don't know why, as I begin to spew once more wishes that won't ever be granted.

Jake looks down at me, and a tear runs down my cheek.

"Why are you crying baby?" His voice is soft. He wraps both his arms around my waist, and I feel so weak.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I love you so much. Too much, and I- I-I don't know." I sob. I don't know why I'm so overly emotional this morning, but I am. All the stress is beginning to pile, and there is no way I can keep it down any longer.