019 💕

Kenzie's POV

I woke up laying in the couch in Maddie's hospital room with someone in a black hoodie standing over me.

"Ashton?" I whispered squinting my eyes.

He rubbed his hand over my cheek and I fell back asleep.

I woke up again to Johnny shacking me awake. I sat up and Johnny hugged me as I look around. Then I saw it. I walk over to Maddie's bed shacking. On her heart monitor was a note with my name on it. I pick it up and read it.

You have 24 hours to change your decision or It'll flatline next time... but your boyfriend will be the one laying in the bed.

~Ashton

My breathing grew heavier and I started to cry.

"This is all my fault." I mumbled and stumbled back.

"What?" Johnny asked walking over to me.

"This is all my fault." I said louder, turning around to look at him

"babe, your sister was just in accident, it's not your fault." He said.

"But I have a feeling it wasn't an accident." I said. "And I think your next."

"What?" He asked.

Tears streamed down my face.

"I'm sorry I have to do this Johnny..." I said looking down.

"No Kenz don't." He begged.

"I have to break up with you.." I cried. "It's the only way to protect you."

"Kenzie please don't do this, you mean everything to me. I can't lose you." He said pulling me closer him.

"I'm sorry." I said and walk out of the room sobbing.

I see the Orlando's Hayden Carson and Annie waiting with my mom and Ashton standing in the back corner.

I walk over to my mom Annie Hayden Carson and the Orlando's and they all pull me into a hug. I then turn to Lauren.

"Lauren I need you to do something for me." I said.

"Anything." She said.

I started to cry harder.

"Can you please- can you please tell Johnny- tell Johnny I'm sorry." I cried. "And that I love him and I'm sorry that it had to be this way."

"What are talking about?" Lauren asked.

"Goodbye Lolo, I'm gonna miss you." I said and start to walk away.

I walk over to Ashton and he leans down and kissed me. He put his arm around me and we started to walk out.

From behind me I heard Annie trying to fight Ashton and Hayden's grip on her as she cried.

"No! No let me go! Kenzie! Kenzie please come back! Don't go with him!" She called.

But I just kept my head low and walked with Ashton out because I knew this wouldn't be the end of it.