eight

"It was a pleasure meeting you, I'll be sure to look over your plans

"It was a pleasure meeting you, I'll be sure to look over your plans." Taehyung shook hands with an older gentlemen before he led me over to the door. It was the end of the night and it seemed my carriage was about to turn into a pumpkin.

The doors were opened by security before a cold gush of wind welcomed my bare shoulders.

A silence fell upon us, I think it was mainly because Taehyung was tired from talking most of the night. I don't blame him, it's a lot of socializing. "Would you like to stay the night?" His voice was low as he looked over to me with his eyebrow raised. "I'm sorry but I'm not that kind of girl." I responded, scoffing as my eyes focused on the street lights passing by.

"No-I didn't mean like that...I know you aren't and I respect that, I just meant like a sleepover...watch a movie in my theatre with horderves." I looked back over to him to see that he was serious. "Horderves?" I chuckled, trying to ease the tension.

He gave me a confused look but laughed a little, "Yes, some fancy horderves."

I took my lower lip between my teeth as I thought about sleeping over, but I think I came up with a better idea. "How about, you stay over at my place? I tried your luxury lifestyle so now you can try my cozy lifestyle." I suggested excitedly.

He raised an eyebrow at me before tilting his head the other as if he was pondering. "If I do, I want to cuddle with you." His face became smug with his terms of coming over to my place.

"Yeah that's not going to happen." I patted his shoulder before he crossed his arms. "Well I guess I won't come over then." Laughing, I gave a shrug. "Alright, fine by me."

I started walking the other way towards my apartment before he grabbed my hand. "Okay fine, but at least let's call an Uber."

My lips turned into a smile as I shook my head, "Nope, we're going to walk my normal nightly walk from work." Knowing that he would naturally decline this preposition, I interlaced our fingers and started to lead him the way home.

I heard a couple of stuttering syllables but I don't think he was going to let go and he was probably still in shock that I was holding his hand. Men.

Although the silence was somewhat nice, he started to whine two minutes into the walk home. "How much longer? My legs are killing me. I don't think I can do this much longer. How do you do this everyday? You must be some sort of super human-" I let go of his hand.

"Okay I'll stop talking just keep my hand warm-" I quieted him with my finger as
I looked around, stopping in my steps. "Sssh, I think someone is following us." Taehyung walked into me as I halted.

My head turned to an alley which would be a shortcut to the next block over, hopefully it wouldn't get us killed. Hopefully. I pulled him towards the alley just as the person was coming up close to us. "What's going on?" He whispered behind me as I tried to find my way safely out of the dark alley.

"Did you not hear me? Someone was following us-"

"Mia darling, long time no see." A familiar voice rang down like a tunnel. "Shit, we gotta go." I said to Taehyung before starting to run down the alley way as I dragged him along with me. I couldn't face him again, not after what he tried to do.

After a couple of minutes of running through different alleys, a parking deck, and a set of stairs, we finally reached my flat. Heavily breathing, I quickly shut the door and then locked it. "Do-" Taehyung inhaled, short of breath. "Do you mind telling me what that was all about?"

I gulped, raking my fingers through my hair. "Well u-um welcome to my apartment, would you like anything? Cup of tea? Yea I'll do that." I walked into my small kitchen before turning on my tea kettle with water in it. I relaxed myself against the counter, letting out a deep a sigh as I thought about that creep.

"Amelia, what was that?" Taehyung stepped into my kitchen whilst looking at me with a stern expression. "It just was someone I want to forget, okay? Please." I avoided eye contact with him at all costs, if I looked at him I knew I would cave in. "I get it, I understand. But I want to know that you're safe and I can't reassure that you are until I know the dangers that can potentially harm you."

Well shit, that's one hell of a reason.

He put his hands on my shoulders, making me look at him. "Look, I know you've been on your own for a while. But I'm here now, I want to be someone you can trust. I'm not saying to necessarily rely on because you're one hell of a woman that holds yourself afloat. I just want to be there for you. I don't want you to be alone anymore."

I didn't know it till now, but my eyes were watering up and I had a small tear escape down my cheek. Honestly, I was at lost for words. I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything close to these words to me. So without thinking, I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Taehyung." I mumbled against his dress shirt. I felt his chest vibrate from a chuckle he let out. "Oppa."

I lifted my head to give him a weird look. "Taehyung oppa." He added with that casual smug expression while looking down at me. "I can't believe you." I hit his chest before pulling myself away as he continued to chuckle at me.

I poured the hot water into a mug with an Earl Grey tea bag. "Here's your tea idiot." I remarked with a small smile as he took it. "This is a high class tea, I'm surprised."

"Hey I lived in Britain for a while, my taste buds are accustomed to quality tea." Chuckling, I poured myself a cup before sitting down on my sofa in the living room along with Taehyung. "So why do you travel so much?"

I looked down at my cup, thinking back to when I first moved out of my home in the States. "I've just always had a curiosity for places other than America...my family was too poor to travel anywhere so I made sure that I would grow up to travel everywhere. Little did I know, it costs a whole hell of a lot." I chuckled, looking at him observe me.

I furrowed my brows over at him after placing my cup down, "What about you? How did you get to where you are now?" He was about to say something smart but I knew it was going to be a lie. "-I know you weren't always this rich. Jimin said you worked hard to be this successful." Taehyung frowned a little.

"I grew up on a farm with my grandparents while my parents worked in Seoul. They worked their asses off trying to make a living for me and my siblings. They would come home every weekend with bags under their eyes, it was tough to see how it affected them sometimes. But they're worked barely did much between the traveling back and forth and all of the taxes put on them from the economy collapse. When I moved to Seoul I promised them I would become successful to give them a plentiful retirement." I think my heart exploded.

Taehyung looked up from his cup and gave me a little smile. "Where are they now?" He placed down his cup next to mine on the coffee table.

"Jeju, I bought a large piece of land for my parents and grandparents with a modernized farm house but it's by the ocean. It's something they always wanted. I'm just glad I was able to make it happen." Seeing his smile grow as he thought about his family. "Do you visit them often?"

He nodded quickly, "Every other weekend I make sure to go down there." I gave him a grin before nudging his shoulder. "Didn't know the grinch had a heart." He laughed a little. "You know, I'll make arrangements for you to come with me this Saturday, they'd love you. Plus, they've been thinking I'm gay so-"

"Wait you're not?!" I acted surprised before he attacked me in a bear hug, tickling my sides. Laughing, I finally squirmed out of his grasp but I ended up falling down on the ground. But the problem was that he fell down with me. He hovered over me, looking down from my eyes to my lips. "I've had so many dreams about this-"

"Alright I'm stopping you right there, get up." I patted his shoulder and got up as he laughed it off.