two

I woke up to a phone call from an unknown number

I woke up to a phone call from an unknown number. "Hello is this Mia?" I heard from the other side of the call. Mind you, I wasn't awake and highly unaware. "U-uh yes?" I responded with a croaky voice.

"I would like to meet you promptly at 12 o'clock for lunch at the address I sent before you pet sit Yeontan."

I almost forgot about my job today, I had to take off a couple of days just for this one dog sitting job. I didn't know what I got myself into. "Right, I'll be there are 12, sir." I didn't get a goodbye because as soon as I finished my sentence I was hung up on. Great, another jerk.

I looked at the time and decided to go ahead and get ready. He seemed pretty snotty over the phone, a trait that made me want to cancel. But he was paying good money. I decided to wear something nicer for this guy so he'd trust me with his designer dog. I wasn't judging, I love animals and it didn't matter how much he paid for it. It's just unfortunate when there are dogs yearning for homes in horrid animal shelters.

The whole walk over to his mansion seemed like forever, plus there was an insane amount of security that I had to prove I wasn't here to steal his money or kill the guy. Who the heck was he?

"You've got a lady named Mia near the gate here for Yeontan." One of the guards spoke through a walkie-talkie system to I assume was Yeontan's owner. The guard got an answer and escorted me to the front door where I was let in by a man that had light brown hair. Was this Kim Taehyung? "Uh hello, Mr. Kim." I bowed out of respect but earned a soft chuckle from the man that wasn't too much taller than I was.

"Mia, right?" His voice was sweet and made me mesmerized by how soft he sounded. I quickly nodded before it turned awkward with me just staring at his features. "Alright, I'll guide you to Taehyung."

A wave of embarrassment washed over me because I misidentified the man in front of me. "Are you his son?" The man chuckled again but this time he shook his head. "No, I'm his best friend, Park Jimin."

My boss sure did have an attractive friend

I shook my head mentally to stop my thoughts. I couldn't be thinking like this on a dog sitting job. Where was the dog anyways? Jimin greeted Taehyung and introduced me. "You're baby sitter for Yeontan is here..."

I lifted my eyes to see the man he called Taehyung. "You!" I pointed at him, he couldn't be my boss right now. This couldn't be happening, I thought I left him plain and dry at the bar that night. Taehyung on the other hand, wasn't surprised, he just gave me the smuggest look. "Looks like we meet again, must be fate."

Jimin looked between the two of us with an amused expression and let out his deadly chuckle. "Was this the mistress you tried to get with at the bar?"

So he talked about me to his friend, was I that memorable? "I can't believe a girl finally put him in his place, well done Mia, I like you already." Jimin poked my cheek cutely and I couldn't stop the blush spreading across my face. "C-can we just forget that encounter ever happened?" I asked, avoiding Taehyung or Jimin's gaze.

"And the feisty girl is suddenly shy?" Taehyung put his hands in his pockets and gave me a blunt look that made my insides twist. "No, I just want to get this job over with." I said with a sudden burst of confidence that surprised Jimin and Taehyung.

Taehyung surprised expression soon turned into a smirk. "Listen, Mia, I'm your boss. I pay you to come here. I'm practically giving you more money to watch my 4 pound dog. So I'm the one to tell you when you can finish your job here.. You may be feisty outside of this house but in my house I want you to respect me like you would to any other boss you have, understand?" His voice was authoritative and kept me silent for a couple of seconds. "You're supposed to say 'yes sir'."

I quietly mumbled a "Yes sir." under my breath. This feeling of being so submissive was killing me, I hated being talked to like a child. Especially by someone who didn't deserve my respect. But he was right, he was my boss now and I had to treat him like it. I still hated that.

"Yeontan is in his massage session right now and will be out around lunch time. For lunch, I expect you to make him a steak that is in the fridge right now. After his lunch, he needs a bath and a nap. To get him to sleep, you have to play Chet Baker softly over the stereo. When you wake him from his nap, he should play outside in his play pen to get his energy out. I should be home during that time. Got it?" He looked at me as he rested his arms on the counter top.

I giggled at his whole explanation over his dog. "You're dog has a better life than I do." I tried to joke with Taehyung because the air was sensitive between us. He just looked at me blankly and raised his brow. "I can make your life better than Yeontan's. Just stick with me, princess." He gave me a wink that caught me off guard.

I stayed in silence as my cheeks turned red at his flirtatious stare. "C'mon Jimin, we'll be late." He and Jimin headed out the door but Taehyung stopped after Jimin left.

He took my hand confidently and looked at me. "It was a pleasure to finally know your name, Amelia." He kissed my hand, winked, and then left before I could even respond.

What the actual hell.

------

will do an author's note later bc i have to get to class

ily guys