seven

"Is that Vincent Van Mia???"

My breath hitched in my throat as I turned myself slowly around to face the owner of the voice. Sure enough, it was my coworker Seokjin. "Worldwide handsome?"

He let out a laugh and patted my shoulder. "I was wondering why you weren't working tonight, I just wish I knew that you'd be coming here dressed so nicely."

I felt my cheeks warm up slowly. The awkward thing was that I had a crush on Jin for the longest time, but everyone knew about it and he kindly turned me down. It had to do something along the lines of "You're like a younger sister."

It hurt at the time but I've found myself accepting that he indeed was like an older brother to me no matter how handsome he was. I swear, this guy was like one of the masterpieces in the museum. "Thank you Jin..."

He gave me one of his award wining smiles before looking around. "I overheard that you were here with Kim Taehyung...is it true?" I wish it wasn't.

Instead of saying this, I only responded with a nod.

"Man, he won't fire me because I'm talking to you, will he?" Jin looked around worriedly with his eyes wide open. It wasn't unusual for him to act like a dork like this. Chuckling, I patted his right shoulder gently. "Let's hope not, he really can be so weird sometimes though. Like today he stole my phone an-"

"Ah Amelia, sorry I had to talk to some investors." Speaking of the devil disguised in gucci. He wrapped his arm around my waist but loose enough so he was gentleman like. It was kind of nice. "Is this one of my employees?" He asked, looking at Jin intimidatingly.

Or at least I thought that this would intimidate Jin. But instead, he just rolled his eyes before crossing his arms. "Like you didn't know."

My eyebrows furrowed together as I looked between the two men chuckling with each other and giving bro hugs. "Am I missing something?"

They just looked at me like I was interrupting their little love fest. Taehyung cleared his throat, still smiling. "Yeah sorry, Jin hyung lives with me well us."

"Us?" Was I completely unaware that he had others living with him? What the heck was this? A cult? Seokjin wrapped his arm around my shoulder and chuckled at my state of utter confusion. "I'm unsure what you think of Taehyung, but he isn't the full owner of that house. We all own it."

I observed Taehyung's facial expression, his eyes never left the arm that hung around my small frame. Slowly removing myself from Jin's grasp, I tilted my head towards them, still trying to grasp what this group of guys were exactly. "So you, Jin, Jimin, and Y-Yoongi all live together?"

They both nodded. "But there's a couple more fellows you haven't met." Jin added. "Like who?" I questioned but I was quickly interrupted by Taehyung. "You'll find out soon enough. Let's leave it a surprise for now."

Jin only looked at him before shaking his head with a smile. "Trying to hide her are you?"

Taehyung elbowed Jin's arm, quieting him from commenting on his plans. "I think it would be time for you and I to dance." He held out his hand for me to take. I'm not sure why but when I looked into his eyes it was like I became lured into his world that only involved him.

Taking his offer, he pulled me further into his world that was layered in gold. He swayed me back in forth lightly with our hands connected and his other hand barely brushing over my back, aware of my bare back that was exposed.

Snapping out of my observant gaze towards him, I looked over at our surroundings. "Everyone is staring at us..." I gulped softly as anxiety swirled around in my insides. Taehyung moved his hand to my chin, gently facing it towards him again.

"There all staring at you." If only he just left it like that. "Mainly because you're with me and I'm a visual."

I think if it were any other guy I would leave the setting immediately after such a cocky comment like that. But I knew that this was all an act he put up for females. "Why do you do that?"

His eyebrows scrunched together. "Do what?"

"You always try to act like a snobby rich guy that is way over confident..." I said directly staring at him. "It's because I am." He snapped quickly as his expression grew darker over mine. It was gloomy.

"Well you must be either an extreme jerk or a really good actor." I added, not being intimidated by him, no matter how vulnerable I felt in front of this crowd. His silence was the only answer I got after my statement.

After the song faded out, he kissed my hand lightly before disappearing back into the sea of people. I was left right where we once danced in his golden world. But I had a feeling he only painted over something. It was gilded.

Jin soon appeared by my side, looking in the same direction I was staring at. "Jimin thinks he's falling for you." He said lowly, his eyes averting from him to me. But my eyes never left Taehyung. "What do you think?"

"I haven't observed too much of you guys but as far as I've seen, I think he's already fallen." Like he always did, Jin wrapped his arm around me. It was always comforting when he did this, it made me feel a sense of home. "How can he be in love with me when I haven't known for more than a month?"

Jin only let a chuckle as he rubbed my shoulder. "You just know when you know...you two have an attraction and I think anyone can see that you guys gravitate towards each other. It's almost magical..."

I looked up at him to see him up in his own version of fantasy land. "You sound like you've gone mad. This isn't a screwed up version of prince and the pauper. I'm merely someone that works for him...someone he just likes to mess with..." My eyes caught sight of the marble ground before me, the very marble I polished a couple of days ago. If only I knew what kind of warped situation I would be in now.

"Just give it time, he'll start doing this," Jin motioned to my attire, "more often than not. I see how he looks at you, he wants you to live like a princess."

"Well I don't want to be a princess."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Gosh I love Mia, she's such an interesting character to create and develop. She almost reminds me of Princess Jasmine.

But there was a bit too much cliche in this so I had to even it back out with her sassiness :p

How do you guys think the other members will be tied into the story? We still haven't met Jungkook, Namjoon, or Hoseok.

And why do you all think that they all live together?

Thank you for reading ;)

Xx Kasey