Chapter 3: The Bet

Barry's POV
"Want to sit with me?" I asked Caitlin.

"Uhh, yeah, sure," she says and smiles. Told you guys she was going to fall for me like the others, Angel owes 40 bucks, now.

"Follow me," I say and grab her books and took her to my seat. "Here you can sit in between me and Angel,"

"Oh, okay," she says and puts her backpack down and sits.

"So... sorry about yesterday at the mall, I got distracted," I say giving her a fake genuine smile.

"It's okay, no big deal, I'm already over it," she says smiling. What a cute smile, I thought. Now let the games begin.

"My way to apologize is inviting people to my parties, so would you like to come?" I asked giving her a half-smile.

"Uh, I'm not sure, It's a school night and..."

"No, not today, Friday. Besides, you'll meet new people and makes new friends, so what do you say?"

"Mmm. Oh what the hell, sure why not," she says. Bullseye!

"Great, then I'll see you there, Angel," We exchange phone numbers.

"Don't call me Angel,"

"I don't know, you're cute when I call you that, all blushing," I say.

"I am not blushing!" She says trying to hide her face. Angel came and sat down next to her and the class began.

"Hey man," I say to him and he smirks looking at Cait and remembering about the bet. He takes his wallet out and takes a 40.
"Not yet, it hasn't even started," I say and he puts his money away.

"Alright, this is gonna be fun," he says.

"Am I interrupting something between you, too, should I leave you two alone?" Cait says smirking.

"What! No! Besides I would never go for this guy, have you seen his spaghetti arms," says Angel and Caitlin starts laughing. I lean back and I punched him hard enough that he almost fell off his seat.

"Guess your wrong about the spaghetti arms," she says chuckling.

"Damn right!" I say.

"Hey man, why you got to make me look like a fool in front of a cute girl. Can't you see I'm trying to impress her here,"

"You asked for it!" I say.

"Quiet down in the back!" The teacher yells and then he notices Caitlin.

"Hey, sweetie, you might not wanna hang around with that crowd,"

"Hey! Mr.." Angel says not remembering his name.

"Mr. Sanchez," the teacher says.

"Yeah! We at least have a C in your class, and if she's better then us it might be an A!" He says and people start snickering.

"When pigs fly, I'll believe a word you say, but as of right now get your books out, Barry you'll have to share with Caitlin, I suggest you take her to the library after school," the teacher says.

"Yes, Mr. Sir," I say.

"Sánchez, how hard is that to remember," he mumbled.

"I guess I'll see you after school," I say to Caitlin.

"I guess you will."

"Let me see your schedule."

"Here." She says handing me the piece of paper.

"Damn it, we only have 3 classes together, I'll be seeing you again in fifth, you'll have the time of your life in that class," I say smirking,"

"Great, I'll make sure to have my phone with me," she says smiling.

*Lunch*
I was sitting with the guys when I saw Caitlin walking with Felicity smoke.

"Hey Caitlin, over here!" Caitlin saw me and then I saw that Felicity wasn't too happy to see me. Hopefully, she doesn't blurt out about me.

"Looks like she's hanging out with blabbermouth," Angel says, "She might blow your cover," he says chuckling. Then I see Caitlin waking towards my table not too happy. Shit.

"Hey, meet the whole ga-"

"Are you messing with me? Playing some stupid games? Huh? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What do you -" I start to say and then she poured her juice on my head.

"I guess paybacks a bitch," she says and walks away.

"Oooooh, hahaha," the boys start laughing.

"Shut up and get me a shirt, " I say and Angel gets up to get me one. "I guess I'm gonna have to play the good guy."

After school

I walked to Caitlin's locker as soon as the bell ranged and as I did she was putting her things away, getting ready to leave.

"Hey, Caitlin, can we talk?" I asked with sincere.

"What do you want Barry? To make me look like a fool?" she says looking pissed.

"No, I just wanted to tell you that I wasn't playing around with you, yeah my reputation is bad here, but with you I'm different, I know we just met, but that's how I feel. If you don't believe me, it's okay, I just wanted to ask if you still wanted me to take you to the library and get your books?" she didn't say anything so I thought it was a sign for me to leave. As I started to walk away, I felt the softest touch on my arm and I turned around.

"Although, I don't know If I believe you, I would like for you to take me to the library," I smile and I took her to the library.

"Okay, so you will need two books for history since we're studying the Mexican Revolutionary, and you will need an Algebra 2 book, and I believe you need a book for Spanish, am I right?" I say turning around to face her and she looked like she was going to die with the number of books she was getting. I chuckled softly and grabbed her shoulders, "Don't worry you'll bearly use the history book, " I say and she faked laughed.

She checked all her books and we went to her locker to put them away. Then we walked silently to the parking lot.

"So do you need a ride?" I asked hoping she says yes so I could gain her trust.

"I have a car, but thank you, that was nice of you," she says and walks to her car, which was a few cars away from mine.

"Hey, Caitlin, Are we good?" I asked standing in front of my car holding the door open.

She was facing her car when she said, "I don't know, we'll see," she says and gets in her car as do I.

"Yeah, we'll see, " I say.

~*~

Hey guys!
Sorry, I took long to write the chapter!

And I will be taking long again because I have finals next week, so this week I am going to focus on school so I'll probably publish a chapter in the beginning of February.

So yeah! Enjoy this chapter!

~Mari❤️🤷🏻‍♀️🥳