Chapter 25: Happiness...

Cait's POV
An hour had passed and I was sitting in his car. My fingers intertwined with his. If I wasn't using him to get information, I would feel happy at this moment, but I don't. I feel the exact opposite. As I felt the warmth of his hand on mine, I felt sick to my stomach. I turned my head to look at him. A hint of sadness showed, I'd assume for his brother, but I could see he was happy as well... happy to be with me. if only he knew I was going to betray him.

"I can see you aren't happy. Are you sure you want to be with me?" he asked after being silent for almost an hour like I had asked to be.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's just even though I spent a lot of time with you, I think I felt some sort of connection with your brother. I don't know what it meant until I had some time away from both of you," I paused trying to gather my thoughts carefully. "I think almost losing him as a friend hurt me the most, but you, I almost lost you as more than a friend and I think that scared me," I explained. I stared at the dark sky through the window as I thought about what I was gonna say next.

"Honestly, I did see this connection between you two and it made me uneasy, so thanks for clarifying your thoughts, but I can see how this whole situation is affecting you. So I ask again if this is what you really want?"

I sighed and said "Yes, I'm completely sure. You, Dylan, are the person I want to be with."

"You know that having a relationship with me doesn't mean you can't be friends with Barry. I know you'd like that so if he's okay with us and wants to be friends then go for it. I don't mind. I trust you," he smiles and holds my hand. I smile back and nod.

Dylan took me home after that talk and I didn't go to sleep that night. Not even for a second. It was 7:30 when my mom walked into my room that's when I realized it was morning already. "Honey, wa-, oh you're awake! Good. Get dressed, I'm making breakfast, okay?" I nod. "Alrighty, Lucy! let's go! wake up!" she yells as she leaves my room and into hers. I laid there for just a few more minutes before heading back to reality. I stared blankly at the ceiling looking at my stars. Oh how I wished I was just a star at this moment, I thought, so I don't have to worry about any of this crap anymore. I took a deep breath and got ready for another day of school.

I wasn't up for any breakfast this morning so I grabbed my things and headed out the door before my mom could say otherwise. I was dreading school, I mean I didn't want to face Barry. It just happened yesterday and now I have to see him....I was just wishing that perhaps Barry had decided to skip today, but at the same time seeing him today would mean that at least he wasn't that hurt...right?  I really wished I hadn't moved here...And I hadn't met him.

And just like that, 15 minutes later, I was in front of school. I walked slower than normally just so I could spot Barry from afar so that I could avoid him as much as I could. I entered my first class and sat down at the back of the room. I didn't want to be seen so my best bet was sitting in the back. As the room started filling up with everyone else, I looked out the window.  I watched a bird fly around until it landed on a bench. It felt as if everything and everyone around had disappeared up until Mr. Whittle yelled at the class to be quiet and sit down.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" someone mumbled as they walked towards my direction, but I was still fixated on the bird outside. BOOM. I jumped and I turned around to see Barry who had just slammed his math book on the desk right next to mine. I looked up at him for a sec before turning to look in front of the room. Fuck, I thought. He sat down and scoffed.

Fifteen and I mean fifteen long minutes had passed and we hadn't spoken one word to each other. Every time I tried to take a quick peak at him he had a sour face, his jaw was clenched and just looked so fucking pissed.

I mean why the fuck was he even pissed for. We haven't even known each other for that long and he thought we had this epic love story he couldn't get. I mean be fucking for real. I know I had maybe felt a spark between us when we first met, but nothing like what Dylan and I have... I mean I-think we don't. I rested right elbow on the desk and my hand on chin. I just wanted this class to be over already.

Another 15 minutes had passed and I was trying to convince myself that if I talked to him it would be alright. I quickly turned to look at him and whispered, "Can we talk?"

"No, we're in the middle of class."

"What about after?"

"No. I don't want to talk to you, okay," he snarled.

"Okay... then just listen to- m"

Barry stopped me before I could finish my sentence and said, "I've heard enough from you, don't you think?" He stopped and turned around to look at me for the first time during this whole class. "I get it. You like my brother. What else do I need to hear? That you wanna fuck him? that you wanna marry him some day? We'll guess what? I Don't fucking care. You can be happy for all I care but LEAVE ME out of it," the bell rang and he quickly got out of his seat before I could say anything back.

I was left completely shocked by his words but now I knew that he had really liked me and now I'm dating his brother. I guess he did have the right to be pissed after all. And me... I'm completely happy.

Yeah, right. Im never gonna be happy again.

~*~
Don't get too
Disappointed by this. ;)

~Mari💜