Chapter One: Encounter

A few years had passed since Kaguya was sealed. 

Nanami was now a little girl. She lived alone in the forest with her big brother Zetsu. But she was bored. She wanted to explore her surroundings, to see the world. That's why one day she decided to leave the house while her brother was away. He had told her to stay there and that he would be back soon. But this time she wouldn't listen to him. Don't get her wrong, she loved her big brother, he was her only family but she needed to see other faces. She wanted to meet new people. 

Nanami wasn't a mean girl. She was very calm but she was unable of feeling anything. Well, she was the daughter of an alien and of a monster so that seemed pretty normal. Of course, she should be fun of hatred with the chakra of the Juubi but Zetsu had made sure she wouldn't become uncontrollable. 

The small girl walked into the forest, as she was trying to find a way to get out of it. But she couldn't seem to find any. It's as if the forest were endless. Nanami wanted to see something else than trees. Suddenly however, as she was standing still her feet began moving away from the ground. She began floating. The girl didn't understand what was happening but she continued getting further away from the ground, getting higher and higher. She flew and flew until she could see the blue sky with the bright sunlight which dazzled her. She stopped. She looked all around her but she couldn't see anybody else around. She wondered where this power came from. Had she inherited it from her father? Or from her mother? She couldn't tell. But she liked it. So she flew over the forest to see if she could notice anything interesting. But everything seemed to be empty. 

She was still flying when she heard a strange noise. It came from the forest beneath her. So she stopped again before going to see what it could be. Her feet landed on the ground perfectly as if she had done that her whole life. It seemed to be so natural. 

She looked around her until her eyes landed on someone. Nanami narrowed her eyes. 

"Ashura leave!!" Someone shouted. 

It was a boy.

Ashura ka?

There was a wild boar that was ready to attack him. 

What should Nanami do? Save him or just ignore him? She didn't know. She wanted to see new faces so she might as well help him before he got killed.

The young girl flew in his direction and suddenly her eyes changed. 

She arrived before the wild boar and suddenly as she put her hand near its face it flew away and crashed against a tree. Nanami stood still after that, her back being the only thing the boy could see. The others were struck with shock and wonder as they observed the little girl. And so was Ashura to tell the truth. Even if he couldn't see her face. 

"Ashura!!!" Another boy arrived out of nowhere as he ran towards the said boy. 

"Big brother!" 

The boy rushed at Ashura's side as he ignored Nanami. For now. 

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." Ashura said awkwardly as the boy helped him stand up and scratching the back of his neck. 

"I was so worried! Why would you do such a thing?" The boy began scolding him. 

"I'm sorry Nii-san..."

The boy glared at him but it was immediately replaced by a look of relief. 

"Thank Kami-Sama you're okay."

"Yeah, that was a close one! Fortunately this girl arrived just in time." 

The boy seemed to be surprised. He turned around and noticed the girl who had still her back turned to them. She had no idea what to do now. Should she run away? Maybe she should have listened to her big brother. She didn't know what they could do to her now. After all, she didn't know them.

"Who are you? I've never seen you around here." The boy finally asked her. 

Nanami remained calm even if she didn't know what she should do. 

Should she reveal her identity? Her brother wouldn't probably be too happy about that. He had always told her that they had to remain discreet and that she should never talk to strangers unless he allowed her to. 

Her eyes went back to their normal state. She could feel the two boys had very powerful chakra. 

She wondered what her brother was doing. 

"Hey! I asked you who you are!" 

Nanami finally decided to turn around to face them. 

The long haired boy seemed to be struck as well.

"What about you? Who are you?" She asked him plainly instead of answering his question.

The girl was beautiful for sure. As beautiful as her mother. 

However, the boy tried to get a grip on himself.

"I asked you first. So answer!"

The girl blinked blankly at him. 

"My name is Nanami." She eventually told them. 

"And where are you from?"

"That's not important. Sorry but I should go now. My brother's going to get worried too." She said as she began moving away.

"Wait!"

Nanami stopped and tuned around again. The boy approached her. 

"Thank you for saving my brother." 

Nanami remained emotionless and said nothing. 

"My name's Indra. And this is my little brother Ashura."

Silence.

"What can I do to thank you?" Indra finally asked her. 

"Nothing. It's okay."

"Where do you live?"

"I live in the forest." 

The two boys seemed to be surprised.

"Don't you have a home?" 

"I do. No need to worry for me." 

"Wait! Don't you want to come with us? We could show you our house. I'm sure Father won't mind to have you around?" Ashura spoke up as Nanami was  ready to leave for good. However the girl suddenly disappeared, much to the boys' surprise and especially Ashura's disappointment. 

"Where has she gone? Nii-San?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think we will see her again?" 

"Who knows. We cannot be sure. Come on, let's get home now."